Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Microsoft points query

• 14-05-2007 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭

I've got a bit of a problem. When i set up my xbox 360 account through windows live i used my hotmail address which is set up with an U.S address (in order to get more space for my inbox... long story). When i bought the 2100 points card the other day and tried to enter it on the marketplace i found it was invalid due to the fact that they are region specific and my windows live profile has a US region.

What i want to know is if there is a method of changing the region in your windows live profile. Ive done it on Hotmail but it doesnt seem to work when i go to account management on the xbox 360. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

I've got a bit of a problem. When i set up my xbox 360 account through windows live i used my hotmail address which is set up with an U.S address (in order to get more space for my inbox... long story). When i bought the 2100 points card the other day and tried to enter it on the marketplace i found it was invalid due to the fact that they are region specific and my windows live profile has a US region.

What i want to know is if there is a method of changing the region in your windows live profile. Ive done it on Hotmail but it doesnt seem to work when i go to account management on the xbox 360. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

I'm in the same boat. You can't change the billing region in your profile, i called them several times and it can't be done.

To use the points you've bought set up a free silver account linked to a EU windows live account and buy stuff through that. All users on that console can access the content. Its worth keeping in mind that if you ever get a replacement machine that content will only be accessible to that user and that user only. For that reason I recommend buying american points through ebay for your main US account.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

Cheers anyway iv emailed microsoft in vain just seems like a stupid idea to lock people into email addresses like that.

Advertisement