Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

where to get these cables (and the relevant splitters)

• 14-05-2007 6:29pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm used to the old-fashioned type of TV connection that doesn't have to be screwed into place so I'm not sure about these ones - can anyone tell me if (and if so where) I can get cables that look like the attached picture on one end and can go into the back of a TV or video on the other - and are there any splitters available for the same (so I can take one cable and feed it into two TVs?)

The picture isn't too clear, but the plug is a screw in and has a pretty narrow copper cable "prong" in the centre.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

thats called an f-plug on coaxial cable. available in any decent tv shop. you can buy F-Plug to the other type on the other end. and yes you can get splitters, they're called F splitters strangely enough!!

moe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,919 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Flogen it looks like a F type connector that comes with Digital TV cable boxs and satellite boxes.

You should be able to get everything in Maplins

You can get an f plug to coax plug adapter to screw to the cable and will allow you to plug it into the back of the tv.

You can get the splitter there also - http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?TabID=1&ModuleNo=29530&doy=14m5

and you can get a cable with an fplug on one end on coax plug on the other to go from the splitter to the other TV http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=29532&criteria=f%20plug&doy=14m5.

If you bring the cable to Maplins and tell the guys there what you want, they will probably be able to get the lot for you.

V.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Excellent - many thanks!

Advertisement