Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish O2 billpay in Britain, minutes deducted from Irish package?

• 14-05-2007 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

I'm heading over to Scotland in a couple of days, I'm just wondering will O2 deduct the calls/texts I make there from my monthly call/text allowance, or will I get charged for everything?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

If you're on an Active Life price plan roaming on the O2 UK network:
    (from/to)
    - UK/IE calls come out of your mins (landlines and mobiles)
    - UK/UK calls come out of your mins (landlines and mobiles)
    - IE/UK calls are charged at international rates

You need to request to have this activated on your account with customer care

*obviously premium calls/texts aren't included.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Akula

I thought free roaming was only there for business customers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Akula wrote:
    I thought free roaming was only there for business customers?
    It used to be that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

Originally posted by Akula: I thought free roaming was only there for business customers?

Now for personal customers too it seems. Used to be N.I. only, but now also for the rest of the U.K. Its called a U.K. flat rate add on. Its like the All Ireland add on. No cost to add to your account. You get free incoming calls and making calls are charged at a flat rate accoring to your plan.

Info here on the pay monthly UK roaming info page right at the bottom:

http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Personal/Services/Travelling+Abroad/Tariff+Information/United+Kingdom/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Akula

Their website still says NI only as far as I can see.

Yes there is a link on the page you provided but there is no mention of it on the page it links to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

I was in uk afew months ago and didnt get charged a penny except for text messages as far as i can remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

Akula, make sure you select the page for the United Kingdom, as there is another page for Northern Ireland itself. Also select pay monthly option. It links back to the O2 adds on page. Confusingly though, there is no info on it! You are right there! There is only info on the All Ireland option yet. Message to O2: add the necessary info please!

Advertisement