Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

help interpretating of a strange dream

• 14-05-2007 7:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭

I have been having some strange dreams lately; I guess they could be called nightmares.
    Anyway these result is me almost screaming until I wake myself up (I've had two of these recently)
    Anyway this one went as follows.

In reality my mother lives alone and my wife and I live about 2 miles away, but in this dream I was in a house (not mine) and I seemed to live there or be staying there with my wife and my mam.
    In front of the house is a large green, it has no lights on it and it's night time, some guys are driving robbed cars etc and lighting fires out on this green, anyway way they seem to have petrol bombs, for some reason I decide to go out and see what they are up to because my mam and my wife are scared (note I have not actually seen them in the dream, I am just aware that they are in the house sacred, the dream really kicks off with me leaving the house to start my investigation)

Anyway I start to get close to the guys (they can't see me as it is so dark, anyway I get spotted by some dirt bag with a petrol bomb, so he decides he will throw it at me, in the process of throwing the petrol bomb, he spills the petrol all over himself and goes up in flames (petrol bombs are tricky customers by all accounts)
    Anyway as I watch this guy burning I go up in flames myself, at this point I wake myself up by trying to scream as I am somewhat aware that I am sleeping but need to wake up or burn.

So what do you guys think??

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,424 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Are you too warm at night when you sleep? Too many blankets? Or are you eating before sleeping? Raiding the frig and sleeping on a full stomach? Or maybe stressed out about something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,090 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Do your mother and your wife get on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

They get on very well,
    I was no more worried about work etc then usual / have been I'm not an eater before I go to bed and being too warm would not be it either I think as when this happens I just sleep outside the quilt.

I think it has something to do with worry alright though, with my mother now living on her own (I was the last one to leave the house and I felt very guilty about it even though I was 29) anyway in the dream I was very much aware of being helpless to assist them while they were in the house on their own, the police were not an option, even though they are the first people I would usually can when someone throws a petrol bomb at me! :D

The strange thing is it reminded of a dream I had when I was about 6 or 7, generally I am not one for remembering or having mad dreams, however I can remember my 1st birthday and I also have memories of me being a toddler and still not being able to talk. So I have a strange memory nothing that ever helped me with studies unfortunately.

Anyway the dream I had years ago was kind of set in a background that I can only describe as famine Ireland. In the dream I was aware that I had brothers not sure if they were my actual real life brothers or not, anyway they were away in the dream, I have three sisters in real life but in the dream I was not aware of them, once again I was in the house with my mother and my very sick (dying) father and once again I did not see them in the dream to compare them to my actual parents, but I was aware for and felt for them in the same way as I did then.

Anyway a crowd of men were trying to break into the house (this was in the early morning and it was just getting bright) they were looking for food and my main memory of the dream was hiding behind an upturned table with my parents while these guys tried to batter the door down, I got the impression they were looking for food, in the dream I felt to be the same age as I actually was, 6 or 7 and it was an overpowering feeling of helplessness.

I just found it strange that 25 years later I would experience such a similar feeling when my circumstances have changed so much. I honestly have only had about 4 scary dreams, and two of them left this emotion with a 25 year gap, the mind is a strange thing I guess.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,424 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Stoner wrote:
    I think it has something to do with worry alright though, with my mother now living on her own (I was the last one to leave the house and I felt very guilty about it even though I was 29) anyway in the dream I was very much aware of being helpless to assist them while they were in the house on their own,
    Perhaps this is the source? Maybe reassure her that you are there for her when she needs you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

you are probably right Blue_Lagoon, it might be just that, I was hoping nobody picked anything sinister up from it , so that's a result.

thanks all

• Advertisement
Advertisement