Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows Live Messenger on 3

• 14-05-2007 7:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭

so i have windows live messenger (3Pay have it till the end of the year for free :D) so i was just wondering will it work in other countries (without costing money that is)
    as i'm going to australia and just be a hell of a lot easier to communicate with my friends and family if it worked ..and was free...of course ;):D
    any info would be great
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

it'll work wherever they have a 3 network so you're in luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭ciano14

:D:D thank you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Is it free when roaming on 3's own networks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

^^yes anywere were theres a 3 network but you must be in 3G coverage

I never knew they were stopping it from ebing free by the end of the year where did you hear this ciano14?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

If you're on 3Pay, you may be limited to the UK and Italy. But with 3's policies, it's hard to tell for sure until you try it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭ciano14

1huge1 wrote:
    ^^yes anywere were theres a 3 network but you must be in 3G coverage

I never knew they were stopping it from ebing free by the end of the year where did you hear this ciano14?
    well its free for ever on billpay but on 3pay its only till the end of the year
    i think i saw it when i downloaded it or in the T&C's not too sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭Terrontress

When I was in the UK recently, on 3 bill pay, the phone would revert to O2 where there was no 3 coverage.

These calls were included in my free allowance so I don't think you need to be on a 3 network in those countries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

When I was in the UK recently, on 3 bill pay, the phone would revert to O2 where there was no 3 coverage.

These calls were included in my free allowance so I don't think you need to be on a 3 network in those countries.

That doesn't work the other way around for 3UK subs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

you guys on 3UK sure a getting a raw deal in a lot of ways

does it at least tell you that you are actually on vodafones network? or does it say 3 ireland but not 3G (a lot of people wouldnt kinow the difference like)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

1huge1 wrote:
    you guys on 3UK sure a getting a raw deal in a lot of ways

does it at least tell you that you are actually on vodafones network? or does it say 3 ireland but not 3G (a lot of people wouldnt kinow the difference like)

I lent one of my phones to a niece to use in Donegal: it roamed on Vodafone but she was charged for everything she did on it (such as ringing 333 to check the balance after sending an SMS).

• Advertisement
Advertisement