Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Just got a car renault cilo 1999 1.2!!

Options
  • 14-05-2007 8:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭

Well just just got a black renault clio 1999 1.2 nice cd player and that in it due the NCT at the end of the month but the guy in the garage (family friend) said it will fly it. Bought it for 2,000 opinons? Everyone else is saying I got a bargain?

Anyway's a few question's ive been thinking about stuff for the car lexus lights, body kit etc, I seen Renault clio lexus lights on Ebay that will fit my year but it says Renault clio MK2 also seen a spolier with the same MK2 on it will this fit my car? It's a five door. Also heard yellow interior is nice with a black car any sites on with advice on doing up a renauly clio?

Thanks..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Hoops1888 wrote:

Anyway's a few question's ive been thinking about stuff for the car lexus lights, body kit etc, I seen Renault clio lexus lights on Ebay that will fit my year but it says Renault clio MK2 also seen a spolier with the same MK2 on it will this fit my car? It's a five door. Also heard yellow interior is nice with a black car any sites on with advice on doing up a renauly clio?

*Sobs in corner*

TBH, the car you have is nice, and i would'nt recomend you putting those bits on it, it will create the attention of the filth, also cheap lexus lights can be NCT failures, in saying that, Whatever floats your boat.

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

If you're into 'modifying' cars, you should look at the Modified Cars section in the Motors Forum, but be warned, everything you spend on tricking up your car will never be recouped in terms of resale, and you may seriously affect the desirability of your car for the next buyer, and cripple it's residual value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

sounds like a good deal, black is the best colour for resale value, how many miles on it??

if you have money to burn left over, why didn't you buy a newer car

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

yeh i know the feeling....new car...you want to make it look sportier and stand out, my advice would be just leave it, add some nice alloys and maybe a nice standard spoiler but thats about it, wait and save your money till you can buy a proper sportier car, when i got my first car, a fiesta, i wanted to get bodykits and stuff but i seen sense, got a nice set of alloys, standard sport spoiler fitted and a nice exhaust which looked well but wasnt too noisy and the car looked very nice and with the money i didnt spend on bodykits etc.. i was available to move up to a focus sooner than i thought, now after leaving the focus standard i'm in a position to buy an integra type r.

still if your into the modding scene and thats what you want then go ahead, just i wouldnt reccomend it on a car such as the clio

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Have a look over on www.renaultsportsclub.com, its mainly people with Mk1 hybrids and 172s now but there are also a few people into body kits and the like.

If I were you... Get some standard Renault 15" alloys (My Preference), lower it 30-40mm and it will look a whole lot better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Hoops1888

Mukki 83.000 miles on her.

Didnt really want to get a newer car as im only starting off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

Watch out for the bonnet on them cars. They have a design fault that cause them to spring open when car is travelling at high speeds causing a crash and possible death....you have been warned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

Hoops1888 wrote:
    Mukki 83.000 miles on her.

Didnt really want to get a newer car as im only starting off.

good milage, best of luck with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Hoops1888

mukki wrote:
    good milage, best of luck with it

Yeah woman owned it only for driving around.

Thanks.

Can anyone answer if a spolier for renault clio it says beside MK2 will that fit my car or MK2 a different lake?

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭beerbaron

Skyuser wrote:
    Watch out for the bonnet on them cars. They have a design fault that cause them to spring open when car is travelling at high speeds causing a crash and possible death....you have been warned.

Never heard of this. If the bonnet catch is intact itll be fine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭beerbaron

double post

Advertisement