Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Offical Liverpool - Milan Champions League Final Thread (before during & afters)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

What's all this about then?

Someone mentioned some sort of final :p

Exams finished, slightly pikey after last night but roll on this evening.

6 times just rolls off the tongue don't it? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I just realised, I've got one euro left in my PP account. Now what mad bet shall I place it on?

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

I hope Kewell doesnt start. I know it worked the last time in 2005 in a strange kind of way but we dont want to have to win this the hard way.

Kewell trained
    Zenden trained
    Sissoko didnt .... he would be rusty anyway .....

4 hrs to go .....

Redspider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

Stevie wont let us down ....
    With just hours to go before the 2007 Champions League final captain Steven Gerrard has promised Liverpool fans the Reds won't let them down inside Athens' Olympic Stadium.
    AC Milan stand between Liverpool and a sixth European Cup, with Gerrard looking to be only the second Anfield skipper in history to lift the trophy more than once.

Emlyn Hughes achieved the feat back in the seventies and Gerrard is convinced the class of 2007 have both the quality and the confidence to send the red half of Merseyside into ecstasy tonight.

"What we can promise is we'll do everything we can to bring that trophy back," he said.

"We've shown on plenty of occasions, particularly in big cup finals, that no matter what the situation, we'll never give up. We'll have exactly the same attitude tonight.

"It gives you a lot of confidence when you look around the dressing room and see players who will perform on the biggest stage and can be matchwinners.

"We have lads who've played in World Cups, European Championships and massive Champions League games, so there's no sense of going into the unknown with us anymore. There are leaders all over the team.

"We also have a manager we know we can trust to prepare us in the right way. He proved it at Valencia and now at Liverpool that when it comes to the big occasions, he knows what we need to do to win. It's up to us after that.

"From a personal point of view, some of the finals have gone well for me. I'm realistic enough to know you can't produce those kinds of performance every time, but I'm going into it full of belief and I can promise I'll be doing everything I can to win it.

"People have paid a lot of money to see us perform, and the least all of us can do is give our all to make them happy. We all want the same thing, and it's an honour for us to have another chance to do what we did two years ago."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,080 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

mike65 wrote:
    I just realised, I've got one euro left in my PP account. Now what mad bet shall I place it on?

Mike.
    accumulator on Gremio, Recreativo and Seville all to win at home coupled with any other team you fancy from the whopper coupon should get you a nice return. I went for liverpool (in 90) gremio sevilla and receativo anyway, get 60 back from 5.

LA Galaxy have a very nice 5-2 at home against "Rangers"

Liverpool to win the cup in extra time is a tasty 11-1 as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Yeah rebel I know how ya feel. I've got an exam tomorrow but I cannot focus on study at all today! Gonna give up, enjoy the matcha and wake up at like 6 tomorrow and study my ass off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

unless Liverpool lose, then you'll be all depressed and won't be able to do any study. Hehe. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

unless Liverpool lose, then you'll be all depressed and won't be able to do any study. Hehe. :P
    Of course I will, it will take my mind off the agony.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

mike65 wrote:

Mike.

Correct Score 3-3 @66/1,

or

Gerrard, Alonso and Zenden (the new smicer) to score @alot/1

or

a double of the two bets :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

mike65 wrote:

Mike.
    Milan 5-0 @ 300/1 €300 to drown your sorrows with.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

mike65 wrote:
    Just stuck a couple of euro on Kaka to be first scorer and Milan win at 10-1 and Gerrard to score in the 90 and Liverpool win at 6-1. One of those is bound to come up! :p

Mike.

Should be ashamed of yourself :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

~Rebel~ wrote:
    Serious butterflies now cant concentrate on anything!

Ditto.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

If Harry Kewell plays tonight I will cheering Milan on with a huge passion. There is no player I hate more than Harry Kewell.

Milan to win 1-0 after a Kewell own goal in the 92nd minute would make me very happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Kingp35 wrote:
    If Harry Kewell plays tonight I will cheering Milan on with a huge passion. There is no player I hate more than Harry Kewell.

Milan to win 1-0 after a Kewell own goal in the 92nd minute would make me very happy.
    Zing wrote:
    Should be ashamed of yourself :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Brother went over to liverpool this morning on the ferry.. straight into liverpool, I'd say the place will be mental.

Bastard :D In a bar in during a peno shootout surrounded by blonde scouse birds with their filth accents, heaven :D

Dunno myself, not many of my mates are pool fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

The thought of watching this big a Liverpool match in a pub full of Dubs doesn't sound to appealing so Ill watch it at home with a few friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

Kingp35 wrote:

i agree

or him giving away a penalty in the last minute, whilst in the same action, injuring reina, with liverpool have used all 3 subs

Leeds fans etc, the exit is over there -> :)

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

I said the same about the thread 'where to watch the CL final in dublin' and was told this is a soccer board. So this is soccer related too. Anyone any ideas? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

14-1 for StevieG to score and get booked in 90 mins isn't a bad bet imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

mike65 wrote:
    Leeds fans etc, the exit is over there -> :)

Mike.
    Or should that not be.....

Leeds fans, the First Division is over there -> :)

indeed the second division...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

C'MON YOU REDS!!

if we're gonna be pedantic about it the Third division ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Well they'll have to relegated next year too for that to happen.

• Advertisement

well it is the third division really...or the old second division...or the new first divsion...yeah...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

.....a pub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

On the telly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

championsleaguefinalwo1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

Butterflies really kicking in now just over 2 hours to go cant think of anything else but this match

• Advertisement

Good one! The Cheshire plod better be alert tonight.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

At home watching

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

... well, as it says, good luck Liverpool!!!! :D

YNWA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Mega merge.

kdjac

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

KdjaCL wrote:
    Mega merge.

kdjac

Boo hiss.... :rolleyes:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

KdjaCL wrote:
    Mega merge.

kdjac
    Good job. Don't need 10 threads all on the one topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

lol, going back through the last few pages it all makes no sense now...

then again i'm not really sure it did in the first place.

6PM! THE COVERAGE BEGINS! i think Rafa will be telling his squad who's starting around now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

andy gray had the team behind him there

4-2-3-1 with kewell left wing - wonder where he is getting that from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

squeeky bum time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

big screen in the old olympic stadium is a good idea.

• Advertisement

we're nearly there! official teamsheet in 15mins! Come on Rafa - stroke of genius please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

haha thread makes no sense now :)

Soooo, Milan shouldn't even be in the CL for their match fixing ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

It is set to rain pretty badly, not sure which team this will help more, but I'd say it'll favour Liverpools system of play.

So then no suprises in the line up or formation!

Reina
    Finnan-Carra-Agger-Riise
    Pennant-Alonso-Masch-Zenden
    Gerrard
    Kuyt

Sub Dudek, Arbeloa, Hyypia, Gonzo, Kewell, Bellamy, Crouch

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

PHB wrote:
    It is set to rain pretty badly, not sure which team this will help more, but I'd say it'll favour Liverpools system of play.
    it was pissing rain in milan for the utd game and it didn`t affect AC to much

Mike is that the official team?

Happy enough with that anyway, shouldnt concede any stupid early goals with it at least! I suspect after 60 mins if we need a goal zenden off for Kewell, Pennant off for crouch and gerrard drops to right wing.

Yes

No room for God.

Mike.

Reina
    Finnan-Carra-Agger-Riise
    Pennant-Alonso-Masch-Zenden
    Gerrard
    Kuyt

I think it's nice that Pennant is gona get his game, he's been playing really well, he kinda deserves it. Zenden is the obvious weak link in the team, but defensivly, he's still pretty strong.
    I have to say, I'm surprised with Rafa. He has clearly put all his eggs in the Gerrard basket, so if Gerrard doesn't perform tonight, Liverpool don't have that much. Nonetheless, it should be a very very interesting game.

Inzaghi starts for Milan, I believe if Liverpool try the offside trap, they wil get caught out at least once, whether Inzaghi puts it away is another question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

so no dream for fowler

• Advertisement

Is he even on the bench?

Advertisement