Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Offical Liverpool - Milan Champions League Final Thread (before during & afters)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

PHB wrote:
    I have to say, I'm surprised with Rafa. He has clearly put all his eggs in the Gerrard basket, so if Gerrard doesn't perform tonight, Liverpool don't have that much. Nonetheless, it should be a very very interesting game.
    Similar if Kaka doesn't perform.

These kind of games normally come down to mistakes or lapses in judgement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

pippo starts for Milan. i would have preferred to see Gilardinho, inzaghi is still very dangerous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

dont see the point in having both Kewell and Gonzo on the bench. could have had fowler there instead, at least for penalties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Not as much, Liverpools team is set up solely based on Gerrard, everything has to go through him tonight. Milan on the other hand have Pirlo Seedorf and Kaka to create tonight. Their system is not as based on one player, although it is to a large extent.

just like we have alonso, maschercano to create from the centre and pennant from the wing - with Finnan and Riise supplying on the overlap..

so yes, good point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Pennant, Alonso and Gerrard are there to create.

Seems pretty similar to me.

Should be a good match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Liverpool have one up front, and it's NOT Crouch? Mental.

Forza Milan, forza Milan!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

As part of the general play yeh, but watch Liverpool tonight, the game will be totally based on Gerrard, it's how the tactics are set out.

have to say milan dont look that great at the back or up front. just their midfield to worry about really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I expect Pennant to be crucial to the game, if he applies himself both with and without the ball then I see some joy from wide postions, Gerrard will need to play pretty high and Kuyt has to be aware of not drifting too deep even when the team's defending.

Mike.

• Advertisement

PHB wrote:
    As part of the general play yeh, but watch Liverpool tonight, the game will be totally based on Gerrard, it's how the tactics are set out.

i doubt it will come down solely to Gerrard. if anything Gerrards most important role in the game would be to distract the likes of gattuso so Pennant and co can get on the ball.

Right I'm off, see you at half time. In Rafa We Trust.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

game on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭ballroom blitz

good start by liverpool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Where are all the Liverpool supporters? Glued to the screen no doubt :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

In the pub more like! :p

pennant`s have a good first half,all over the place

booking for gattuso

milan one up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Inzaghi's goal.

• Advertisement

1-0 milan free kick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

game on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Erin Go Brath

Sucker blow for the Pool. Took a deflection off Inzaghi.

bad blow for liverpool just before half time

So Alonso is leaving then....

Reina exellent, the backline good, Masch tidy Alonso meh, Zenden meh, Kuyt industrious, Gerrard trying too hard, Pennant the star player.

Mike.

it came off the arm too. he's a fooking lucky **** that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Terrible goal to concede! Completely undeserved!

Zenden needs to be taken off, he's completely muck tonight! Lets see sicknote get a run!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Pennant has gotten involved a lot and has been tenacious but he has been poor in the final third.

Liverpool don't deserve to be one down as Milan have barely done anything. Liverpool have made it difficult for them but Milan have looked afraid to try and pass it around in midfield. It'll be interesting to see if the goal will give them the confidence to do so in the 2nd half.

Zenden has to come off. He's bloody useless, and hes like the slow coach to China!!!!

• Advertisement

Yeah I was wondering why zenden started tbh and his first haf performance just confirmed what I was thinking.

pity for liverpool they dont deserve to be one down with that performance

the booking for gattuso was a real positive for liverpool. he can't throw himself around like normal now. it wont subdue himm that much, but maybe just enough at a crucial time to get something.

zenden is without a doubt the worst player on the pitch. when he gets it he can't do anything with it, although he was unlucky not to earn a corner earlier on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Slurms wrote:
    Terrible goal to concede! Completely undeserved!
    That was the plan though imo which is why I backed draw half time/Milan full time. They were going to get the nervy job done in the first half and then up the pace a few notches in the 2nd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Sucker blow of a goal. Pool were holding their own . Not a great game so far but the goal should liven things up for the second half. Zenden has been poor IMO he had the opportunity to get a few crosses in but he's wanted too much time..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Liverpool were the better team in that first half. Kaka has been kept well under wraps by Liverpool. Milan do not deserve the lead on the balance of play but I won't care as long as it stays this way after 90 minutes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Pressures all on LFC now. Gerrard needs to get on the ball and lead by example. I don't want to see them lose like this, not when it's clear they've a great chance of winning.

• Advertisement

zenden hasnt been needed as a defensive player so i think kewell or gonzo should come on to provide some decent attacking down the left.

riise has been done very well dealing with oddo and anything down the milans right.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Kewell to be an impact sub on the hour mark, if nothing has changed 10-15mins latter its Crouch time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Liverpool were the better team in that first half. Kaka has been kept well under wraps by Liverpool. Milan do not deserve the lead on the balance of play but I won't care as long as it stays this way after 90 minutes!

57/43 possession in Milan's favour. You gotta have the ball to win!

another booking for milan

kewell on for zendon

• Advertisement

shocking decision by the ref. no way was that a yellow.

kewell on for bolo. about time too...

gerrard should have scored there

should have hit it with his left

Liverpool are getting on top. Big Crouchy should make an appearance in the next few minutes I would think

crouch on

Kaladze to help cope with el giganto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

2-0 Pipo...over?

classy ball through, timed run

game over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I'm getting horrible visions of an injury time 35 yard Gerrard equaliser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,680 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

2 - 0 to Milan

• Advertisement
Advertisement