Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Offical Liverpool - Milan Champions League Final Thread (before during & afters)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭BOHSBOHS

2-0 game over ...... the liverpool players looked like they had stopped playing in therunup to that goal???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

2-0 milan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bah. Credit Inzaghi cos I don't know how he did that.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Erin Go Brath

Game over. The offside trap undid Liverpool!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Mascherano was MOM before he went off imo, and once he went off, Kaka has been given space, and what a pass. Can't see why Alonso was not taken off instead of Mascherano.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

PHB wrote:
    Mascherano was MOM before he went off imo, and once he went off, Kaka has been given space, and what a pass. Can't see why Alonso was not taken off instead of Mascherano.

i can understand, they needed a goal and Alonso is more offensive minded! sure it leaves them more exposed but when 1-0 down you must go for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

another display of why liverpool need a prolific striker.

arbeloa on? why?

uh oh

liverpool score 2-1,can they get another?

• Advertisement

abour 3 mins left lets go...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Not over yet!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

put your hands up for Dirk kuyt, never going to go down easy liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

That goes good to put your hands up for Detroit!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Erin Go Brath

2-1. 3 mins extra time

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

stepbar wrote:
    That goes good to put your hands up for Detroit!!!

mate of mine is always singing it

deserved winners - they're such a clincal team, awesome midfield, experienced quality players at the back....think Inzaghi is underestimated (myself inc) - really is a quality striker

FORZA MILAN!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

7 times!!! 7 times!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭ballroom blitz

tis over fair play milan

Stupid fecking ref. 30 seconds early.

Mike.

• Advertisement

well done milan,final score 2-1

mike65 wrote:
    Stupid fecking ref. 30 seconds early.

Mike.

Was only about 20 tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Forza Milan...

Liverpool rarely threatened even when 1 down, the better team won it by negating the negative pool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Ooh when Gerrard had set himself for that shot with about a minute to go, I couldn't have been more sure it was going to go in. Fair play Milan anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Fair play Milan. Dodgy 1st goal but a well deserved second goal.

So a failure of a season for LFC. Well there's always next season, I suppose...

Oh and Gerrard, hang your head in shame. Woeful showing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,338 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Best team of the tournament won

Crouch needed to be on earlier and Zenden should'nt have started. But its all
    if and buts now.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

Ref (same ref from the Barca game at Anfield) gave us nothing again.

Benitez lost the game the minute he decided to field Zenden. Everything broke down with him in the first half when we needed to pushed home our superiority.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,514 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Ref didnt play anywhere near enough time. Bout 20 seconds early, and thats not incl. the substitution.

Great second goal by Milan though, even though they shouldnt have been in the competition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Shutup yet again Andy Gray. Milan may have got lucky with the first goal but Pool rarely threatened. They never looked liked winning the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Sweet.....enjoyed that. Come on meeeeeellllaan:D

dunphy is an idiot. people need to look at Rafa?

liverpool played better (in the first half anyway and milan just sat back in the 2nd) but couldnt finish and thats it really, zenden was shocking pennant played well but couldnt cross.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Damn :(

Was happy with the formation and team pick, but only wish he brought Crouch on earlier. Kuyt just looked too tired and wasn't playing proper target man at all (yeah, I know he got a goal, but I think they would have come back quicker).

Ah well, fair play to the Pool for getting that far. Guess Milan deserved it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Mushy wrote:
    Ref didnt play anywhere near enough time. Bout 20 seconds early, and thats not incl. the substitution.

Great second goal by Milan though, even though they shouldnt have been in the competition
    Dry your eyes... liverpool shouldn't have been in the competition. When was the last time they won a league title?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,338 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Ardent wrote:

Gave Liverpool very few yellow cards you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Trizo

Deserved winners , best team in europe this year !! no point complaining about the time its over now.

fullstop don't troll this thread. You know the competition format.

Mike.

I don't see how you could criticise the ref, Agger and Alonso should have been booked defo in the first half but weren't.

I think the problem with Liverpool today was that Gerrard didn't perform, and the team was made around him. Because he didn't perform, and everything went through him, all his killer balls etc just didn't come off, so Liverpool gave away possession too easily. Milan had enough possession to win the game.

fullstop wrote:
    Dry your eyes... liverpool shouldn't have been in the competition. When was the last time they won a league title?
    What has that got to do with anything?
    Credit to the Milan players. deserved winners and nice gesture there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Made a bet back in feb for 500 quid with my mate, i bet that liverpool wouldn't win. We doubled this bet last week to a grand. Delighted with the result for this fact alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Hard luck Pool. I thought they were going to make another comeback there for teh last few minutes.

I thought the team selection was wrong from the off and the substitutions were wrong too. Kewell has played very little and I would have taken alonso off instead of macherano. I think that cost pool their second goal.

Congrats Milan.

What happened Gerrard today? He really didn't perform to his usual standard.

I don't see how you could criticise the ref, Agger and Alonso should have been booked defo in the first half but weren't.

I think the problem with Liverpool today was that Gerrard didn't perform, and the team was made around him. Because he didn't perform, and everything went through him, all his killer balls etc just didn't come off, so Liverpool gave away possession too easily. Milan had enough possession to win the game.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Ardent wrote:
    Do you mean he gave Liverpool no cards? I wonder did Alonso actually get booked tonight - if not, I don't know how. The ref had little to do with Liverpool losing tonight; indeed had he not flagged Kaka offside when he clearly wasn't, the game might have been over sooner.

Liverpool set out their stall to try and cancel out Milan and they succeeded, but then they didn't have anything with which to score themselves. Can't blame anyone but themselves.

Milan were pretty terrible tonight but managed to produce just enough to win the game. Congrats to them.

fullstop wrote:

like united shouldnt have been in the year they won it, or Milan shouldnt have been in it this year coz they were done for match fixing.
    EDIT: slight bit riled there...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

Glad for Maldini...and Kaka deserves a CL winners medal.

Gutted for Mascherano and Pennant, they played out of their skins.

Liverpool set out their stall to try and cancel out Milan and they succeeded, but then they didn't have anything with which to score themselves. Can't blame anyone but themselves.

Milan were pretty terrible tonight but managed to produce just enough to win the game. Congrats to them.

pepe did you watch the game? Liverpool were the attacking team and Milan just sat back. way to throw in generic post liverpool match quote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

He was on a proper stage, and found out! Remember how "great" he was in the World Cup?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Call_me_al wrote:
    tbh why dont you just p*** off.

I imagine the mods will have their work cut out tonight.

Liverpool never looked threatening enough tonight. Were by far the better side in the first half but did not make the possession pay off. Milan came out in the second half and imo wanted this game more.

Well done Milan

nipplenuts wrote:
    He was on a proper stage, and found out! Remember how "great" he was in the World Cup?
    To be fair he was one of the better performers in a poor England team.

• Advertisement
Advertisement