Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

req info-DIY Solar Shower.

Options
  • 14-05-2007 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Anybody have any ideas on making an outdoor solar shower?I have loadsa stuff leftover after building the house (old immersion tanks,glass panel from a patio door etc).Maybe you've come across websites giving plans or tips.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

How do you mean ? Are you planning to go out the back garden and have a solar shower ?
    That could be tricky!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭beldin

Does this help. Its from the BBC program Itsnoteasybeinggreen
    I saw them a couple of weeks ago making solar collectors from copper pipes etc.
    The following link is on their forum.
    Solar hot water from recycled junk - a how to
    http://www.itsnoteasybeinggreen.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6139

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

I was at a renewable energy theme park type thinghy (!) in Wales a few years ago and they had a home made solar panel made from an old truck radiator (painted matt black) backed with insulation (don't use polystyrene it could melt in summer) and with a sheet of glass on top. You'll have to be careful of your frost protection (maybe drain back into an insulated tank) or you'll burst your panel in the winter... Maybe use a small PV panel to run the water pump for the system.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Beldin, that's a great site, I might give that a go, I can get most of the stuff as scrappage from the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭killer007

Thanks for the info beldin ,great site,but I was thinking of some thing less complicated.It would only be for fun for the kids durning the summer.Most advice is to use copper piping to heat the water in a home made panel but will qualplex or acorn do the job as well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement