Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many nights in a stand?

• 14-05-2007 8:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭

Some dubious goings on at the moment with after exam events. Whilst the 12 night stand is official, a competing 14 night stand also purporting to be run by UCD ents is appearing on posters around college.

Yesterday I saw some familiar faces tearing down the 12 night stand posters to replace them with 14 night stand posters in Mervile.

Curious.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

14 night stand has some nights with events on in three different clubs, surely thats a pisstake? I seriously doubt any one ents campaign would have three nights out organised for the same night, its a recipe for half empty clubs and **** nights.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Given the current farce that this year's ents officer was would you be that surprised?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

I know Ents were ringing around class reps etc and I presume the nights with a few clubs are days when theres loads of people finishing.

Now as for the 2, I don't know whats going on cause they both appear to be being done by Ents, thou the 14 nights one is more recent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

well from what I saw yesterday the 14 night stand posters were being put up by two guys... one is not running ents yet, one is not running ents any more.

figure it out yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Tá Mé Gaeilge

mloc wrote:
    well from what I saw yesterday the 14 night stand posters were being put up by two guys... one is not running ents yet, one is not running ents any more.

figure it out yourself.

yep thats pretty much it, the one that is not running ents any more did it last year as well and makes a fair packet from it so the other one is joining him. It all seems very bitchy and the unofficial one seem to be in trouble for tryin to make it look official

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Spectator#1

That's 26 nights altogether. That's a lot of nights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Most X Night Stands as far back as I can remember have had parallel events running in different places on the same nights. Really, given the number of people liable to be finishing up on any one day and that no one nightclub could really hold EVERYONE who wanted to go.

Mind you, they're all "Official" because there's no single body that would have to endorse any...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

there all pure Shít anyways!!

I'm now under the impression that some promotions which may have been roasted are behind the 14 one, which also has the 07/08 ents logo... don't have the time to properly find out what the story is with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

dajaffa wrote:
    I'm now under the impression that some promotions which may have been roasted are behind the 14 one, which also has the 07/08 ents logo... don't have the time to properly find out what the story is with it.

I've received two conflicting text messages and each advertises one or other of the following bebo pages:

http://12-night-stand.bebo.com/
    http://14-night-stand.bebo.com/

Maybe 12 is Holly Irvine and 14 is Stephen Quinlivan, or even vice versa, although 12 being organised first I would have thought was HI's gig... Anybody any thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

my money would be that the unofficial one would probably be better organised :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

Red Alert wrote:
    my money would be that the unofficial one would probably be better organised :rolleyes:

I'll second that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

one of them is organised by anto kelly or conor buckely i think

tintinr35 wrote:
    one of them is organised by anto kelly or conor buckely i think

12 night stand is current UCD ents crew e.g. holly etc.

14 night stand is kelly, buckley and quinlivan. Quinlivan on board for the Ents moniker, methinks. Rumour has it major money involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

This is all very odd as I seem to recall Stephen helping Holly to poster for the 12 night stand.

Something smells of a fish to me.

EDIT: It's also interesting to note that both Stephen and Holly texted all the class reps separately to find out when people were classes were finishing up. They were also sent a day or two apart. And I don't see why Stephen had access to my number, I'm a class rep but he shouldn't have access to my number for this sort of thing. Holly should as ents and I've no problems with that but he was not acting in his capacity of Finance officer.

As far as I know the SU got the 14 posters taken down cause they had the ents logo them + they're not being run by ents.

So I'm endorsing the 12!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Huh?

On the 14 night stand it has a widget countdown to the 12 night stand...
    http://www.bebo.com/Widget.jsp?WidgetId=4049977829&MemberId=307079206

Its pretty stupid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Anyone else notice how the 12 night stand bebo appears to be Laurence Banvilles Bebo page?

ah good old ucd, so much for the data protection act.

to be honest, i dont really mind. my biggest concern is that with 4 events on the night i finish, it'll be hard to get everyone to go where I want.

other than that, fair play to anyone who does well out of it. ucd is being run as a business these days so I guess societies and ents can do the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Tá Mé Gaeilge

Anyone else notice how the 12 night stand bebo appears to be Laurence Banvilles Bebo page?

yeah a load of the union heads are helpin out HI by using their bebos as hers. i think the official ents bebo is actually

http://12nightstand.bebo.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Cos88

Don't forget about Trinity's 10 night stand! Amateurs.

On the flyer which was shoved under my door for the 14 night stand there are only 13 nights advertised. And fm104 must be sponsoring it because their logo is in the corner.

Cos88 wrote:
    On the flyer which was shoved under my door for the 14 night stand there are only 13 nights advertised. And fm104 must be sponsoring it because their logo is in the corner.
    Funny, anyone who got the 14 Night Bebo circular will see me commenting that on the list circulated, it's now 15 nights apparently...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ctnrocks333

I Know The Ents Officer Very Well And He's The Best Thing Since Chef's Tomato Sauce. Oh, And Check Out Upcoming New Shows On Ctn Too. Awesome!

I Know The Ents Officer Very Well And He's The Best Thing Since Chef's Tomato Sauce. Oh, And Check Out Upcoming New Shows On Ctn Too. Awesome!
    Capitalising Every Word, Especially When You Have The Username That You Do, Makes You Appear Like A Troll If Not A Fully-Fledged Bot.

And that's not even to mention Hullaballú's Spell Czeching spidey-senses right now, nor the fact that the above comment is both factually inaccurate (in that Stephen isn't the Ents Officer yet) and off-topic.*

* I know that's a bit rich considering the amount of spamtastic off-topic posts I've been known to make but srsly.

3 things:

1) Steve is a good dude, but he's not Ents officer just yet. He's Ents officer elect.

2) Chef Tomato sauce is absolutely disgusting. My aunt used to buy it cos she said it used to last for ages. I asked her why it lasted for ages and she said "noone will f*cking eat it"

3) What have you got to do with CTN?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Cos88

So, putting it simply, Trinity have a 10 night stand. We have a 12 night stand. And a 14 night stand. Which accidently advertised as a 13 night stand, but could now well be a 15 night stand. And all I want is a 1 night stand. Typical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

The 14 night stand is for all the colleges. There's posters for them in TCD and DCU too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

It's quite ammusing, there's a pair of posters just outside my door, one for each side by side. Gave ma a giggle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

is anyone actually go to any of this ****?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

is anyone actually go to any of this ****?

Advertisement