Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many nights in a stand?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Not a chance of me making it anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I got two separate texts from su and stephen.I only applied to Stephens cos I thought he was the on organising it...ooops! Never go to the 12 night stand thingys anyways, Coppers and flannerys all the way!

panda100 wrote:
    I got two separate texts from su and stephen.I only applied to Stephens cos I thought he was the on organising it...ooops! Never go to the 12 night stand thingys anyways, Coppers and flannerys all the way!

Ah yes, Stephens text. Abuse of office anyone????? Lack of regard for data protection. Anyone? Anyone???

And yeah, have to agree can't beat coppers for a post exams night out, well maybe Doyles, that's where I went this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I won't lie to you. I saw Anto Kelly. I got excited

Himself, Conor and your-man (them two that were always helping Anto with the ents night dealies) were out advertising the 14 night stand. I mentioned it to Michael Pat and 2 minutes later they were out just infront of the 14 night stand people. Its like a war between the 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

hilarious stuff, if only one of them would win and i could just go out on the piss instead of being stuck in this library... poosticks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Since this 14 night stand crowd are not part of UCD, can they and all their posters/fliers not be removed?

And since people know who is behind it, can they not be warned not to advertise again on campus?

Or am I missing something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Yes people would be within their rights to remove the 14 night stand posters, but whats to stop that crowd then ripping down the 12 night stand posters in revenge, whether they've a right or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

They were canvassing with all the fervour of FF today up in the RDS. I'd rather shoot myself in the foot than attend any of these tbh, they only get progressively worse. Word to the wise is that the best UCD night out will be in Break for the Border on wednesday...Pity about the lack of parties with ppl moving out for the summer all the same though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Well, if anyone is headin out tonite tis my birthday! Was thinking of the "stand" in citibar, but we'll see.

Yes people would be within their rights to remove the 14 night stand posters, but whats to stop that crowd then ripping down the 12 night stand posters in revenge, whether they've a right or not.
    That doesn't really wash an an excuse. It's like saying they won't enforce a litter fine because they may litter in protest.
    UCD usually have no problems enforcing the ban on outsiders advertising around campus - I can't see why now is any different. Should the SU not be making a bit more noise on this blatant breaking of the rules. Or is there an exception being made for some unknown reason?

• Advertisement

Could it be possible that they are for some unknown reason in fact leaving them??? I wonder.

Also was the new UCD ents logo placed on some of the 14 night stand posters? That may explain why they were not removed.

Also was the new UCD ents logo placed on some of the 14 night stand posters? That may explain why they were not removed.
    I think I read a few posts back that the ones that had the logo were taken down - and replaced with ones without the logo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

cast_iron wrote:
    That doesn't really wash an an excuse. It's like saying they won't enforce a litter fine because they may litter in protest.
    UCD usually have no problems enforcing the ban on outsiders advertising around campus - I can't see why now is any different. Should the SU not be making a bit more noise on this blatant breaking of the rules. Or is there an exception being made for some unknown reason?
    The people organising both events know each other. I dont really know either set personally or whats going on, but Id imagine just out of common sense that no one wants things to turn bitter or nasty.

Advertisement