Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Wireless Media Streamer With HDMI ?

• 14-05-2007 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

Anyone, know anything about these devices ?

Currently have xBox360 doing the job, but looking for something more specific. I believe netgear & dlink do them but not HDMI (got HDDVD & plasma over the weekend).

If possible HDD Recording ???

Love the relatively short boot time for the 360 so don't want to go down the htpc route if possible.

So where can ye point me ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 287 ✭✭coley

The new netgear eva8000 has what you are looking for, Its only recently available in europe. Elara stock them as do expansys have been keeping an eye on this myself, I have a DSM 320 and was looking for another HD streamer.
    A lot of UK sites stock them but don't seem to ship to Ireland :(

As for HDD recording - different beast to a media streamer.
    -Coley.

btw what plasma and hddvd you get? and where?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Yeah looking at that one right now.

Samsung plasma & upscaling DVD. Power city of all places, €1300 for the TV & player

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

iMax wrote:
    Yeah looking at that one right now.

Samsung plasma & upscaling DVD. Power city of all places, €1300 for the TV & player

Up scaling is different to HD-DVD and your Xbox can upscale over vga

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

kearnsr wrote:
    Up scaling is different to HD-DVD and your Xbox can upscale over vga

Yeah I know :confused:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

iMax wrote:
    Yeah I know :confused:

Just making sure you realized and were sold a upscaling dvd thinking it was a HD-DVD

• Advertisement
Advertisement