Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing NTL before 12 months - Help

Options
  • 14-05-2007 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi. I opened a contract with NTL in December and since then I had so many probs with wrong bills etc. Calling them everyday, they said they were going to fix it. They never did. Still waiting for last bill to check if finally they got it right.

What is FUNNY is that I am leaving Ireland next month (my work contract expires and they do not renew it) and I have to close my contract with NTL. Do you think I will have to pay the remaining period of 6 months?

Please help. Anybody in the same situation? :( if

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭dathiultaigh

More than likely you will have to pay this. you should check thier term's and conditions. call them and see what they say and then maybe request to be let out early due to billing issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Irlei

oh no that would be terrible :( At the moment, I am waiting for last bill to check if they have fixed it or not.
    And then, do you know if once I cancel - let's say one month before - they disconnect me straight away?
    Because I work as a freelancer and if I am here until the end of June, I would need broadband until my last day here.
    I want to call but I dont want to be disconnected straight away....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ivoryhunter

if you pay by direct debit just cancel it when you're done. NTL don't abide by their own T&C's so why should anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Irlei

Thanks for your reply. Just to update you.. after 6 months of complains NTL finally fixed my bill!! Now that I have to leave and I wanted an excuse :eek:

Anyway, I showed my flat yesterday to new people and they like it and they want to keep NTL. They said they should be able to change the name and keep my contract. Does anybody know how it work? Should I call NTL? Or is it something they - new tenants - have to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Irlei wrote:
    le to change the name and keep my contract. Does anybody know how it work? Should I call NTL? Or is it something they - new tenants - have to do?
    Call them and tell them you're moving, they may not charge you for the remainder of the contract if they cannot provide the service to you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement