Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL upgrade or not?

Options
  • 14-05-2007 9:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hi,

I've got NTL broadband and service wise it has been fine. When i signed up i went for the NTL broadband package of 2MBps download and a gig a day download rate (30GB a month) for a 12 month contract at €30 a month.This was about 18 months ago and it was the mid range offer, i didn't think the starter was enough at the time, can't remember what it was, something around 1Mbs with a 12Gb download max.

I was contemplating downgrading as i'm not doing much more than surfing the net these days so i checked out the ntl webpage tonight. It seems my NTL Broadband for €30 is now a 3Mbs service. Nobody from NTL informed me about this, it doesn't state this anywhere on my statement, and i haven't seen any improvement, in fact i think it has dis-improved slightly and web checks have confirmed this.

There is an NTL Starter that has almost the same spec as i signed up for €25 quid.

I'm looking for some opinions before i call them:
    Should i/Have i been upgraded from 2Mbs to 3Mbs and how should i even know
    If i signed up for a 12 month contract and just continued on without further discussion, have i automatically been signed up for another 12 months contract? Am i entitled to any negotiation or improvement in my contract. Do i actually have a contract with them at this point?
    Does anyone know when the product offers changed?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Just treat it as a free upgrade. I would say you are well out of your contract period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭tippbhoy

Just treat it as a free upgrade. I would say you are well out of your contract period.

But my point is i don't know if i have even got the upgrade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kin9pin

tippbhoy wrote:
    But my point is i don't know if i have even got the upgrade.
    You got the upgrade.
    If you're like the rest of us your connection flew for a while, then NTL sold out, UPC took on too many customers who are taking your upgraded bandwidth plus a bit extra for good measure. Just pretend you never got the upgrade, moan a bit, then jump ship to another ISP.

Advertisement