Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shrinking a shirt...?

• 14-05-2007 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭

This will sound odd, I'm sure, but I'm wondering, is it possible to shrink a shirt down a size, and do so in a proportional manner? i.e. so it's not just certain seamed parts that shrink...

There's this shirt I really want to order online but it's been discontinued and is only available in large, which is just too big, as I take a medium...sad, I know. I could just try start piling on the pounds instead, lol.

For example, can clothes actually shrink in the washer/dryer or is that notion actually a load of flim-flam, poppycock and utter bishbosh?

Well, thanks for any tips!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Clothes can actually shrink in the wash, but getting it to shrink so shrinks in a proportional manner is fairly difficult I think.
    If its an expensive shirt, I wouldn't chance it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

If it's a nice shirt, just get it altered. If you boil it, it may shrink disproportionately or too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

I shrunk a fair few of my clothes recently, Ive just got too much stuff that was too big for me & I was at the point of throwing em out cause I realised Id never wear them again.

In any case after a fair bit of research I found if you wash em on a really hot wash & straight after put them into the tumble dryer you'l have the best chance of shrinking them. I had mixed results, some things barely shrunk & some things definitely noticably shrunk, cant say I noticed any of them coming out disproportionately.

You will have the best luck with newer clothes, preferably do this with brand new stuff.

Advertisement