Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Seven Ages of Rock BBC2 Saturday Nights.

• 14-05-2007 10:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

40 years of rock in seven one hour programmes. Not to be missed I'd say.

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Does it start this Saturday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

John wrote:
    Does it start this Saturday?

Seven ages Seven shows starting this saturday until the 30th June. Looks great:
    Guitarist.co.uk

BBC to air Seven Ages Of Rock documentary series

A new seven-part BBC 2 documentary series, airing each Saturday between 19 May and 30 June, will explore different eras of rock music through a "prism of a central wrap-around artist or group".

The titles of Seven Ages Of Rock's hour-long episodes are:

The Birth of Rock – tx Sat 19th May
    White Light, White Heat: Art Rock - tx Sat 26 May
    Blank Generation: Punk Rock - tx Sat 2 June
    Never Say Die: Heavy Metal - tx Sat June
    We Are The Champions: Stadium Rock – tx Sat 16 June
    Left Of The Dial: American Alternative Rock – tx Sat 23 June
    What The World Is Waiting For: British Indie Rock – tx Sat 30 June

Featuring a combination of new and archive interviews with contributors such as Roger Waters, David Bowie, Bryan Ferry, Phil Collins, Debbie Harry, Ozzy Osbourne, Johnny Marr, Dave Grohl, Noel Gallagher, Damon Albarn and Alex Kaprano, we reckon it could even be worth staying in for on a Saturday night ...
    Apparently the first episode focuses on Hendrix and we'll hear Claptons reaction to seeing him play for the first time: "Well I'm off home to practice":D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

The second episode's title has got me excited. VU VU VU VU VU VU!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

One on the 23rd June I'd be looking forward to. American alternative...sweet. Bit of stadium rock or heavy metal either though, its all good. thankfully I miss the last one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

I will watch them all even though I hate Indie. I just love documentaries on music.

• Advertisement
Advertisement