Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Megadeth - United Abominations

• 14-05-2007 10:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

Well its defo not Rust in Peace and I never wanted it to be, but this I think is a good Megadeth album, only listened it to it once of twice now and there is some unbelievable solo's and riff's throughout, as you would expect. The lyrics are very politically motivated which are from back in the day, saying that, there are one or two songs where the lyric don't seem to suit the music, either speed or amount of lyric.
    You could say I am a small bit of a fanboy, but I do believe that this is an album you will go back too.

FAV: Washington is Next and Never Walk Alone.....A call to Arms.

Rate 4 / 5

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Energizer

Would have to give it a 4/5 aswell.

Love sleepwalker but some of the political lyrics really do not suit the pace and seem out of place. Also "Tout Le Monde" is tragic, no need for female vocals :( !!

Do love "Sleepwalker" and "Gears of War" though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

must get this somtime soon, is it out yea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

It's out Stateside today.

I'll prolly buy it but make a copy of it to listen to it with ATlM not on it. Can't stand the remake one bit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

You're Dead, Pray for Blood and Burnt Ice are total crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭*tOpLaSs

Good good... Sleepwalker is good and I liked Burnt Ice. However, I agree with whoever said A Tout Le Monde on this album was tragic... Cristina Scabbia's input was minimal and not worth having and listening to this track made me crave the original.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

Its a good album. I can't wait to see them on Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I'd say there are three good songs and the rest is mediocre. I'm staggered that people are comparing it to the quality of tunes Dave put out in the 80s. It's just not a good album at all. That Amerikastan thing is one of the worst things I've heard in years and the title track has lyrics that actually make me cringe. It's a crushing disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

havent heard it yet, i think i will like it anyway.
    am a fan of most megadeth songs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Doctor J wrote:
    It's a crushing disappointment.
    As Dave said "I don't know if anyone's going to like this album,at all, but I think I've made me best record". Once he's happy with it, its all good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I don't care what he thinks, he's not the boss of me :p

It largely sucks, with three exceptions. If it didn't carry the famous band name the truth would out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Paligulus

When I saw this album I couldn't help but feel that Dave and the lads must have been delighted when the Iraq war started because I'd say they'll get another 4 albums from that subject matter!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Doctor J wrote:
    It's a crushing disappointment.
    In fairness, a record with three good songs is a success these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭toffo

have to agree with the Doc on this one... nothing really stands out on the album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭*tOpLaSs

In fairness, a record with three good songs is a success these days.

I agree with this statement. Some of the tracks may have been bbbad, but there were 2 or 3 decent ones too. Like I said above ^ this new rendition of A Tout Le Monde was not one of them :( But I'd say Megadeth had a good aim by releasing this album...

• Registered Users Posts: 43 BuCkoTroN

*tOpLaSs wrote:
    I agree with this statement. Some of the tracks may have been bbbad, but there were 2 or 3 decent ones too. Like I said above ^ this new rendition of A Tout Le Monde was not one of them :( But I'd say Megadeth had a good aim by releasing this album...

I dont agree at all its a kick ass album, the only dodgy song is A Tout Le Monde but I suppose it boils to personal prefrence.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

I've had it on a fair bit and have to say I'm quite happy with it ... apart from the obvious :)

Advertisement