Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Pub for big match atmosphere and big screens.

• 14-05-2007 10:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭

What pubs are the best for a big match, i.e, the Champions league final?

The last time Liverpool won the European Cup, I watched it in The Submarine Bar in Crumlin

While the atmosphere was electric, the main TV is/was surprisingly small, and crap. It's one of those old ones that is like 9 TVs that form the picture together (not great to watch), like the ones you used to see in music shops/clothes shops in town....

I read that they are under new management, dunno if it's been sorted out?

So, what are the best pubs for a good big, big screen, and a big atmosphere?

:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The Belgard is brilliant for Liverpool games. Always a cracking atmosphere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Sinnots on the green.
    Really great place, and there will be good atmosphere. I'd say there will be a large percentage of Liverpool supporters, with about 15% other team supporters supporting Milan, which would be good.

The place has lots of TV's, and is really fantastic.
    That said, you'd want to get in very very very very early. If the match kicks off at what, 7:45, then you'd want to be in there from 5 to get a seat imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

I second Sinnots. Great place for watching games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

I was at the Submarine for the last Liverpool Milan game - jammers and the poxy alarm kept going off. So we went next door, can't remember the name, but it was good craic.

The Belgard is the business for the footie games, watched the Arsenal Barca final there last year, and will probably watch the final again there this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

The Belgard is my local - each to his own but I won't be there myself.

Sinnots in town is a great shout.

• Advertisement
Advertisement