Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitten or not to Kitten

Options
  • 14-05-2007 10:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

We have a White Fluffy Kitten who has been coming into our house since ~Christmas, She obviously was born from a cat litter from someones house there were a few new kittens in the area but this one is very friendly and comes ito the house she has brothers and sisters about 3 of each she comes in morning and afternoon she gets her food and might stay for a little bit and then go in there way . i have also noticed that she is deaf and it happens a lot with white cats.

But my query is this were not sure who owns her and we didnt want to take a Kitten in to our home if she is owned by someone else and because she is so friendly i feel she is probably doing the same thing in other houses, i am hoping to get a kitten very shortly and was just not sure what might be the best way if we have a new kitten in the house how the older Kitten might react or even the new kitten, i am fond of the Kitten that is here now and would not abandon it even if we had our own kitten

If anyone has any advice i would appreciate it :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

If she is deaf she should be kept as an indoor cat as she will be a danger to her self and others.

Did you try asking around?.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

Easy solution:

154676_5d0764c0f6.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Lol, careful now, you could offend someone:eek: .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Either way make sure both the white and new kitten are spayed/neutered and vaccinated etc. White kittens should be kept indoors not only because of the deaf issues but they are very very prone to cancer esp. of the ear from the sun if you notice as the white one gets older dark spots appearing on her ears they need to be dealt with. Using a baby sunblock will also prevent this even if it's over cast.

A new kitten may or may not upset the white one, it depends on both their personalities. The white one has siblings so may be used to playing with other cats and seeing new ones around the area. You shouldn't have any major problems once they get used to each other. A cat will keep coming round if it knows it's going to be fed and watered and get the odd cuddle. It just might take a wee while for the white one to get used to the new situation.

If getting a new kitten it should not be allowed outside until all vax are done and also for the new kitten to know where their home is they must be kept in for a few months. Ideally as a house cat altogether to avoid getting killed by car, maimed by dogs or nasty humans etc etc.

In the long run the two should get on grand. If they don't 100% they will learn to tolerate each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Fremen wrote:
    Easy solution:

154676_5d0764c0f6.jpg

Ha! I've a cat and find that hillarious! :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

Yeah, I have two, had three at one stage.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

If you want to post spam find another forum please! This is a serious place for members to get & give advice about pets!

I am tired & tetchy so this is the only warning I will give!

OP if you like the cat please - take her in get her neutered & love her! If anyone calls to the door just say I didnt think it had an owner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 zurgno1

I dont know what sex the cat is and my mother is apprehensive that if its a neighbours cat they might be offended, and annoyed i have asked around but no one has said they own it it may be a kitten from a neighbour who is not saying much

is there a time limit or an age of when a cat or kitten can be neutered or spayed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

No time limit at all on when they can be spayed or neutered - mind you a deaf cat in heat will roam & is at risk of being killed on the roads etc.

Take in the cat & take care of it - PLEASE! Deaf cats can have lots of problems & will not hear cars or evil kids etc.

Advertisement