Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE Report on closing Dundalk and Monaghan A & E Units "within months"

Options
  • 14-05-2007 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭

Heard this on Newstalk earlier.

Basically Sinn Fein have got hold of a HSE report saying that they are going to close down Dundalk and Monaghan Hospitals A & E depts "within months" and Navan in 2009.

The HSE reaction was that the leaking of the report was "unfortunate."

Do you agree?

I think that this is going to have a negative effect on FF in Cavan Monaghan. Note I only said FF because I don't know if the PDs have any support there.

But what really gets me, is that all future projections are for increased population growth, but the HSE is cutting hospital services in part of what is now the Dublin commuter belt*. All on top of the health cuts of the 80's which still affect us today.

*Thanks to all the half arsed planning decisions going on for the last 15 years.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

These leaks are embarassing to the Government but what is embarassing to the public is that they are true!

Healt service is not a business and whatever is needed should be put into the running of it. The real crime here is the awful mismanagement by overpaid executives and ministers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

There is also chronic mismanagement within the Health Service i.e. the HSE.
    When Bertie and the boys increased the number of staff in HSE, they were not front line staff, they were administrators.
    When they changed from Health Boards all they really did was remove the county councillors, etc from health board management and rebadge the letterheads.
    There are too many HSE divisons and within those they are too many paper pushers and untill something is done about that you are going to have nearly half the budget going on salaries.

I am not allowed discuss …

Advertisement