Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where to take a learner driver in south dublin

Options
  • 15-05-2007 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,049 ✭✭✭✭

my lady is buying a car now and while shes had plenty of lessons and nearly passed her test at the first attempt, shes been off the road for ages and needs to build up confidence etc.

Anyone got any good ideas about where to bring her apart from ucd?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

the housing estate beside nutgrove shopping centre. That's where some of the testers from churchtown and rathgar go! it's a good place to practice your turning and reversing around corners and watching for hazzards.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,353 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Moved to Learning to Drive forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

theres even a few small roundabouts up that way around barton road and on towards marley, might be usful for practice.

The place driving instuctors go is just off barton road. Thats where i got my 1st lesson. it's the 1st right i think if you where heading down barton road in the dundrum direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

If you're looking for secluded areas then go to Airton Road (Tallaght) industrial estate on the weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,049 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

whats the place off barton road, an ind estate or residential?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

DaveMcG wrote:
    If you're looking for secluded areas then go to Airton Road (Tallaght) industrial estate on the weekends.

there's also ballymount industrial estate, 'tis where i learned to drive myself

Advertisement