Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Moving Car Kit

Options
  • 15-05-2007 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭

Ok, I have a car kit in my motor, it was installed before I bought the car. The problem is where the cradle is located. It has been mounted on the dash to the right of the steering wheel. This means the wiring loom is behind the steering wheel, meaning the steering wheel can not be adjusted fully up.
    I am thinking of moving the cradle, but, I want to know about clearing the marks left. I seen a programme where the dash had got damaged in a car crash, but by using a heat gun, they were able to get the dash fixed.
    Has anyone ever tried this or can offer advise about how to overcome this problem.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭DannyBZR

Ok, I have a car kit in my motor, it was installed before I bought the car. The problem is where the cradle is located. It has been mounted on the dash to the right of the steering wheel. This means the wiring loom is behind the steering wheel, meaning the steering wheel can not be adjusted fully up.
    I am thinking of moving the cradle, but, I want to know about clearing the marks left. I seen a programme where the dash had got damaged in a car crash, but by using a heat gun, they were able to get the dash fixed.
    Has anyone ever tried this or can offer advise about how to overcome this problem.

When you remove the cradle, you should be left with four screw holes.. Small ones, not really that obvious. To be honest with you, if I were in your postion, i'd just live with it. Don't put a heatgun near it, that sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. See if the panel can be changed if it bothers you that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

The panel can't be changed, it right on the dash. The main problem is with the window open, some gurrier could take my phone while I am sitting in traffic plus is is causing a problem with the siring loom at the steering coloum. As for the heat gun, it is not something I want to do. I might just remove it and see what marks are left. It might re mould after time....

Advertisement