Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Changing Water pump & Timing belt

Options
  • 15-05-2007 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

Hi,
    I need to change the water pump and the timing belt of my Renault Scenic 1.4 and I got an estimate from a local mechanic and the total cost is around 500 euros.
    Is the price right ? because I do not have a clue how much should I pay for this job.

rgds
    Zeppi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

It sounds about right, tbh. It'd certainly be a bit more if you went to a main dealer. Do you have any idea what the labour charge is - this would help in determining how good/bad the price is. If the mechanic is using genuine Renault parts then these will (should) be the same price from both the main dealer and the local mechanic.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Zeppi

yes he is using renault original parts, but I do not have a clue how much is the labour cost I need to ask him.

rgds
    zeppi

• Registered Users Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭BrianD3

If he is using genuine Renault parts then the parts alone will come to approx 300 euros for pump + timing belt kit (check with him that he is fitting the kit, not just the belt itself, this is v. important)

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭amg-slurp

Its about right!
    Genuine water pump is bout 90+ vat
    Genuine TB kit is bout 170 +vat
    2 bungs for the head are bout 25-30
    Coolant is bout 15

The rest is labour so sounds about right!!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭amg-slurp

Its about right!
    Genuine water pump is bout 90+ vat
    Genuine TB kit is bout 170 +vat
    2 bungs for the head are bout 25-30
    Coolant is bout 15

The rest is labour so sounds about right!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

How much would you expect to pay for the same as above, but for a 1.6 petrol passat?

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Zeppi

cheers guys for your help

rgds
    Zeppi

Advertisement