Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IT work in Letterkenny

Options
  • 15-05-2007 10:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭

Hey all,

Thinking of moving back to Donegal this summer after a decade in the Big Smoke!

Wondering if anybody could help me in terms of finding employment in the IT Sector there.

Are there recruitment agencies in Letterkenny dealing exclusively with IT who would help with placement and what is the market like there at the moment vis-a-vis availability of IT posts? Who are the main multinationals in Letterkenny at the moment who I could find out a wee bit about and try forwarding my CV across to them.

Many thanks for any pointers or advice.
    Kind regards,
    MikeTheMan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

I know a couple of guys who joined pramerica after our course when we were up there! They seemed to like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Heard mixed reports but overall they seem Ok. I think they also run a fas COBOL course and hire so many people after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Higgsy

Fujitsu are currently trying to establish a center in Derry.

What type of job are you looking at, Project Manager? Developer? Languages? Skills?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Sita are also recruiting in Letterkenny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 treewell

There is also another recruitment agency in Letterkenny called donegal recruitment. They have ads in the Letterkenny post but their website doesn't seem to be working yet. They've only just opened.

I worked in Pramerica in the call centre. It was a great place to work only the hours didn't work for me. I hear they will be taking on alot more staff very soon as their opening a third building.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

Seagate recruiting in Derry at the moment

Or try as a search through this agency who usually have a few Donegal jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭slogue

Few other places in Derry recruiting if driving is an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Fujitsu is opening in Derry - it's supposed to be around 40 people to begin with, but expanding soon afterwards. Diamond IT are handling their recruiting. Other than that, NTNI have been recruiting but I don't know if they are still actively seeking anybody. They are to Allstate Insurance what Pramerica are to Prudential America. I'm afraid Pramerica is the only Letterkenny company I know.

Advertisement