Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

macau final ; who will win?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

#10... some fish( there always is one at one of these!)

Fish ftw! Sure Emmet will tell anyone who'll listen (whether they want to or not) how he was last going into the cash game final and ended up winning it.

Sirtoyou wrote:
    worzel by his own admission is not a good big stack player

You believed him?

There's going to be very few donkeys playing in this tournament so I'd be very slow to rule anybody out. Apart from the players right at the top. Most peoples starting stacks are big enough to do damage. With the blinds starting at 25/50, there'll be no need to be getting excited and throw it all in on any old pair of aces. And of course, in a tournament this size you're going to see more than a few suck-outs.

I think it's way too early to make predictions. In last April's tournament final, the chip leader at the start barely made it to the final two tables and got knocked out by another short stack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭corkie123

were down to 32 players stacks range from 454k to 55k restarts today 6,0clock blinds are 2.5k 5k 300 ante

im still in 63.5k luckbox that i am haha

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭FungiWalsh

Gah, went out in about 40th. Lost about 15k of my 50k stack at the start of the 1500-3000 (200 ante) level, when I made it 9700 with AQ, and the big blind went all in for about 6k more. There was over 16k in the pot, so I called, and he had AK. Then lost another 16k with TT against A8, after I flopped a set, and he caught a flush. Lost the rest with A9 against 66. Ah well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Captain Tom

ul fungi.couldnt get anything going myself either.started really short at 12k.only saw 2 or 3 playable hands in about 5 hours.grinded and stole my way up to about 25k at best.blinds 700/1500 mp weak player limps i shove for 20k with A9s.bb wakes up with KK.goodnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭busted flush

well who won ? i left last night at 1am and there were 7 left! carol had a huge chip lead

3 way split carol , jimmey ( luckbox) , eoin , 12k each and ticket to main event in fes june . finished 4.30 am best final table play i seen live or on tv ever great show by everyone who made final table

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

By Eoin do you mean Captain Tom that posts ere on boards? A fine player by all accounts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

By Eoin do you mean Captain Tom that posts ere on boards? A fine player by all accounts!

not according to 3 posts up BCB

perhaps Eoin Dixon??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

mdwexford wrote:
    not according to 3 posts up BCB

perhaps Eoin Dixon??

ah yeah, see that now

bah i wish.i heard caoimh chopped it too.can anyone confirm this?

anyway congrats to all.good to see some of the best players in macau coming out on top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

bah i wish.i heard caoimh chopped it too.can anyone confirm this?

anyway congrats to all.good to see some of the best players in macau coming out on top.

he didn't but had % of skel and the fortunate one

nicnicnic wrote:
    he didn't but had % of skel and the fortunate one

ok cheers nic.

what was the final table then?
    what were the prizes?
    who got lucky/unlucky?
    who won it outright?
    was it a good tourny?

thanks.bf

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭caoimh36

This was an outstanding tourney with a superbly contested final table. Congrats to all especially the 3 choppees - Jimmy, Eoin Dixon and Carol - who all played superbly throughout. Thanks again lads for the % which was very timely indeed, bout time ye got a decent cash!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭CaptainNemo

My 1st post on boards...as the player who went out in 4th I have nothing to say but ^&*^%&#~!!

Seriously though congrats to all the winners, it was an incredibly tough fight on the final table and I was outclassed. Special mention to Eoin Dixon who I thought played the best poker through the whole final table and deserved to get where he got.

well done nemo. taught u played very well was on your table early on day one but did not have the required luck that is needed to progress when short stacked. well done any way!

Advertisement