Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unwanted snails in aquarium

Options
  • 15-05-2007 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi people, I got an aqarium about two months ago and set it up and left it alone to to run its self through the cycle process, i have no fish in it yet but have noticed a serious amount of snails infested in it, i think they came in on the single live plant i have in it.

I'm wondering if i empty it out and put all the plastic plants and the filter pads in boiling water and clean out the tank with boiling water wud that get rid of em?

anyone have any experience of this?

thanks in advance.
    Rory.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭dbrock

he cycle's way over.change a quarter of the water and gradually start to add fish to your tank. snails,clown loaches are the best to get rid of them.although they are not the best fish to introduce to the tank first

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭mac500

Thanks for the reply...........ya i know the cycle is well over, its just i didnt want to put any fish in till i sorted out the snail prob.

Advertisement