Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dentist in Limerick

• 15-05-2007 12:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good dentist in Limerick?

Castletroy would be the preferred area although I would be willing to travel anywhere in the city to find a good one.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Old Quarter Dental Practice are good....I use them anyway...though some of the best dentists I've had are the state dentists at St. Camillus...unfortunately I'm not under 16 anymore:( :(

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Cateym

Kerrisk Denis
    46 O'Connell st Limk
    (061)312300

I find him really nice and I HATE the dentist!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Iarlaith Killian
    061 339723

Opposite Rios/Dominos (diagonally opposite the Killmurray).
    Very good dentist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Have a look here too - some recommendations from a similar Limerick thread - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=52140322#post52140322

I decided at the time that Ruth Murphy was the top Internet Nerd Dentist in Limerick but when I called to make an appointment to have her peer at my yellow fangs she was out on maternity leave - Which I thought was a bit selfish ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

Aesop wrote:
    Can anyone recommend a good dentist in Limerick?

Castletroy would be the preferred area although I would be willing to travel anywhere in the city to find a good one.

Rita O'Dowd has a practice behind Spar in Castletroy. Well, she had anyway, I'm not sure if it's still there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

TmB wrote:
    Iarlaith Killian
    061 339723

Opposite Rios/Dominos (diagonally opposite the Killmurray).
    Very good dentist.
    I second this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

Peter Shorten
    O'Connell Avenue (beside the Tec)

All my family going there for years and always very good and excellent value!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

God i hate Dentists!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭bmacma

Anyone know any dentists open at the weekend, front tooth broken and interview on Monday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

tommy guinan in dooradoyle is excellent , trades under abbey i think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭bmacma

tommy guinan in dooradoyle is excellent , trades under abbey i think

Is he open Sundays by any chance or does anyone know of anyone who is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

Peter Shorten
    O'Connell Avenue (beside the Tec)

All my family going there for years and always very good and excellent value!
    Been going to him for years, one of the most professional and friendly dentists I;ve ever come across.
    Highly recommend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 slim76

eamonn noonan in ellen st is d best dentist in d country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭jonski

slim76 wrote: »
    eamonn noonan in ellen st is d best dentist in d country

+1 , but using 'the' instead of 'd' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭khennessy86

went to this dentist a couple of weeks ago, excellent service, more like a spa
    than a dreaded dentist spa, The dentist Dr.Audrey Hickey was lovely and professional, good value for money especially as i didnt suffer any pain, which is a change from other times i have had to get fillings. Excellent set up there too. Going to go back to get my teeth whitened.

no.8 dental & cosmetic clinic, carlton house, 8 shannon street, limerick, ireland. t: +353 61 490710

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

This should be good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭houndsoflove

Noelle Cobb next to Russells Bar. 061 308300

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

this thread is awesome, the smell of shills and spambots is overpowering!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭jmccoy

Peter Ryan on Hartstonge Street is where I go. Good fella, husband and wife team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

zuroph wrote: »

I totally agree with you, the three threads reek of either shills or self promotion. I made a similar comment when we had a run of Tattoo threads all of a sudden in this forum which was seen as being worthy of an infraction at the time as I was told it was against the charter to make a comment like the one you just did, no offence meant to you Zuroph.

Just so my post is in line with what I was told that day, here is a dentist I would recommend.

Brian Byrne on O' Connell Street.

• Advertisement

zuroph dentists, 123 fake street. Great dentist, and an amazing lover.

an IT tech who only JUST joined boards? :eek:

only kidding Leslie, BTW I'm not a mod on this forum, you'll need to PM one of them, but you're within 24 hours, so can delete your own posts if thats what you wish, just click the edit button in your posts, then select delete, then.. well, you're an IT technician, you can figure out the rest.

an IT tech who only JUST joined boards? :eek:

only kidding Leslie, BTW I'm not a mod on this forum, you'll need to PM one of them, but you're within 24 hours, so can delete your own posts if thats what you wish, just click the edit button in your posts, then select delete, then.. well, you're an IT technician, you can figure out the rest.

Did LeslieP09 PM you asking for their fake recommendations to be removed or something Zuroph? Seems to read that way?

- I had quoted their dishonest, self-promoting, pretend reviews on this thread to stop them from covering up their sneaky actions and they have since mysteriously disappeared?

Why would a dishonest person out to deceive the Boards.ie Community be rewarded by a Moderator on this Forum?

Could the Mod in question please come on here and explain why they are covering for someones dodgy behaviour in this odd manner?

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Leslie removed her own posts, and asked that I remove the quotes from your post, Raiser. Since your comments were then out of context, I just deleted the whole posts.

FWIW, I've been talking to Leslie via PM and don't believe she is affiliated with the dentist in question.

Its a shame that if someone's first post here is about a named business, everyone jumps on the "shill" bandwagon. I'm guilty of this myself. I hope the experience hasn't put Leslie off contributing to the community.

Thanks for the straightforward and honest reply Mr E - You've always come across as a very balanced and fair Mod and a decent person - perhaps too decent for some folks out there, but that is just a matter of opinion ;)

brownnoser!

brownnoser!

For my next trick I'd like to make our Magic Mod Zuroph disappear..... Oh look a shallow grave..... thats convenient.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7 fiedor

Good dentist Kamilla Trofimiuk
    Georges House
    Georges Quay
    Limerick 061-316800

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

all of which is banned in dental issues. should be boards wide in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

This thread should have been locked a year ago.
    It was started in 2007!

If anyone would like to start a new, up-to-date thread about dentists in the Limerick area, feel free to do so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement