Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CALs Help

• 15-05-2007 12:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭

Right I've taken over a network and I'm trying to get my head around the number of CALs the company needs to buy for their network. here are the details and what I think is needed.

Srv1, windows 2003 std & exchange 2003 std
    Srv2, windows 2003 std & exchange 2003 ent
    Srv3, windows 2003 std

They have 92 user accounts (some remote people with just email) and 62 computers & laptops. The windows std and exchange std software is licensed. By my count each server should be set to Per User/Per Device and I would need 92 User Cals (for windows). I would also need another 92 Exchange CALs. Would this be right?

the std exchange server is just a FE server for OWA etc.

Advertisement