Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Metal Recommendations?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Energizer

moron

Ok, have i just been insulted or is this the name of a band?

So many bands to listen to, so little time!!!

Thanx for all the recommendations, would never have been able to find these bands myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Monkey Alan

Energizer wrote:
    Ok, have i just been insulted or is this the name of a band?

So many bands to listen to, so little time!!!

Thanx for all the recommendations, would never have been able to find these bands myself.

Nah mate. Iv'e been insulted... by the system. Mods can't accept my non-conformist attitude. I admit my views can be forthright and harsh, but theyre also deep and thought provoking.

Once I called a Mod a poopoo head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

adox wrote:
    MindFunk were a hugely underrated band and would be well worth checking out.

Just youtubed them there, takes me back to the good old days!!!
    Goddess was a classic tune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Also recommend Mendeed, a young metal band from Scotland. Their new album The Dead Live by Love is bloody great actually. Funnily enough, their lead singer sounds rather like Alexi Laiho but their overall sound isn't the same as Bodom. Check'em out anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Jimkel

They are the one of the best metal bands of all time, Or even better then them is Devin townsend band...yes I know its the same guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Check out

Length of Time
    Goatwhore
    Sonny Red
    Walls of Jericho
    The Red Chord
    100 Demons
    Carcass
    and you really really need to hear Vision of Disorder - Imprint.

I see someone mentioned Shadows Fall....... I hear they're back in the studio writing their second riff :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Dr.Slurm

Not a big metal fan. I only really listen to Mastodon, Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold, Trivium and Opeth. I highly recommend those though.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

try some korn and rob rombie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Awesomus54

finnish metal is the way to go not like lordi i lost respect wen they did the eurovision but bands like children of bodom nightwish sonata arctica dimmu borgir u cant go wrong with those guys

Diceicle wrote:
    Check out

Length of Time
    Goatwhore
    Sonny Red
    Walls of Jericho
    The Red Chord
    100 Demons
    Carcass
    and you really really need to hear Vision of Disorder - Imprint.

I see someone mentioned Shadows Fall....... I hear they're back in the studio writing their second riff :D

Very nice :):):)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Awesomus54 wrote:
    finnish metal is the way to go not like lordi i lost respect wen they did the eurovision but bands like children of bodom nightwish sonata arctica dimmu borgir u cant go wrong with those guys
    Stratovarius are pretty good too

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

ooo i forgot them thnks lol i haven listened t them in ages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Ah, no one has mentioned 3 Inches Of Blood yet. Bloody awesome Canadian metal band with some great tunes. New album, Fire Up the Blades is just out and well worth picking up along with their last studio effort Advance And Vanquish.

Speaking of blood, just discovered As Blood Runs Black the other day. Very As I Lay Dying like, single 'In Dying Days' will give you a good idea of what they're like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

Botch - Not exactly metal, but...class band, used to be on hydrahead. Broke up.

The Bled - Jus' listen to 'em, see what you think.

Advertisement