Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming pool - family friendly?

Options
  • 15-05-2007 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭

Shoot me down in flames or move this to another thread if its misplaced.

My kids love swimming but the missus doesn't. I've been taking them to Monkstown pool because its got cubicles rather than changing rooms but lately I've been thinking it's got a bit grotty.
    Are there any others in the area that do this too? I don't want to spend a grand on membership just to go for a splash once a fortnight so I'm looking for pools that allow non-member/public swims.
    I'm gonna try Glenalbyn - used to go there myself but don't think they had cubes then.
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Glenalbyn is nice. The pool at Newpark Sports Centre (Newtownpark Ave) seems quite popular with families too. You can pay per session there. I think they have certain times for lane swims and family swims but if you call them I'm sure they'll send you out a timetable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

newpark is family friendly but no cubicles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭goldenbrown

avoid total fitness sandyford, small jammed pool and then they rope off half of it to teach 4 children to swim, roll on new pool at dundrum:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

yeah, newpark are family friendly, and have 2 sections in the changing rooms, each with half cubicles, which are better than no cubicle! (have 3 sides to them, but not many). not particularly fancy, but saves you having to go to a membership place...

Advertisement