Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wexford 2nd FG seat....

Options
  • 15-05-2007 1:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭

after losing a seat in the 02 GE to independent Liam Twomey (altho he subsequently actually joined FG) The only question this time is will Twomey keep his seat or will Michael D'arcy beat him to it? Origianally i thought Twomey might struggle to hang on as he was elected last time on a protest vote getting a lot of SF transfers. A lot of people I spoke to who voted for him felt somewhat conned that they had voted for an independent as a protest and he then joined a mainstream party. However now, considering he is Minister for Health in waiting in the event of FG being in government I'm not so sure. Last time I checked powers had him far shorter in the betting to be elected than D'arcy but Celtic had D'arcy shorter!!!

Any opinions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

anyone??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

I to be down in south wexford alot and i've heard the 3 fg candidates aren't managing the vote very well, ie i have a house in kilmore and that usually would be twoomey area but i had people from paul kehoe at my door he is more enniscorthy and north wexford. Im goin 2ff 2fg 1lab, d'arcy to take the second fg seat.

Advertisement