Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attic Conversion problem

Options
  • 15-05-2007 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

Hi all, I am wondering if any of you who have had an attic conversion done by a certain Company been taken for a ride. We were told that on completion of the conversion (which was good work)they would supply an engineers report as part of the deal. We waited for 6 months to get this sorted and then when we finally got them to organise it they said we have to pay €500 for it!!! Now I know of 3 people in the estate that this has happened to and we are livid they have done this. Please can anyone who had theirs done let me know if this also happened to them. Its seems to me a total missell of the product they were selling and we have all now been told that we all misunderstood the agreement. Yes I know we should have got something in writing but I am interested to know are this company taking the mickey!! I wouldnt mind I came on boards the last few months singing their praises and now they have pulled a fast one- I wont be recommending them anytime soon and for anyone that wants their name you can PM me and I will be glad to not recommend them!!!.:mad: soooooo angry.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Mmmm.

Verbal agreements aren't worth the paper they're written on. Perhaps you should have agreed on this before work commenced and not on completion. If they only told you it was part of the deal after work was commenced then it didn't actually form any part of the contract or terms.

Seems a shame though, having done such good work, that they mess up a great reference over an engineer's report.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sparks115

Mmmm.

Verbal agreements aren't worth the paper they're written on. Perhaps you should have agreed on this before work commenced and not on completion. If they only told you it was part of the deal after work was commenced then it didn't actually form any part of the contract or terms.

Seems a shame though, having done such good work, that they mess up a great reference over an engineer's report.

When he was telling us about the conversion and selling it to us he said it would take 3 weeks to complete and then they would send out an Engineer to give us a report as part of the conversion and that the whole thing would cost us X amount. Now they are saying all 3 of us misunderstood that the report was to be paid by us seperately and that he didnt mean to mislead us ??? Crock of s?$te.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

INCH,

I'm interested in if this has been progressed...any news for us?

Plus, tell me...did this guy offer a structural engineer's opinion of compliance with building regs or a structural cert???.. because you're messing with roof timbers you'll need it signed off...there's obvously a lot work in doing the roof timbers for the 3 bed houses because the timbers are smaller and not design for conversions unlike the 2-beds.

Sure, PM me if you don't want to post a response but would like to update me!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Advertisement