Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting those drum tracks done!novice question

Options
  • 15-05-2007 1:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭

Howdee folks,

Excuse my ignorance on getting sampled drum tracks down...
    Ok, I'm able to use cakewalk and fruity loops (not an expert, but i can record stuff).I'm a guitarist primarily (18 years), but am going to have a crack at recording some "experimental" stuff myself.Basically I'd like to record everthing on a PC.after going thru a band breakup, i wont deal with humans with instruments again for a while.
    anyways...
    i right click to import my drum samples (wav) and it comes into fruity loops no probs, BUT instead of the sampled sound from the CD, it uses the SAME beats as the sample , but the cheesy fruity loops drum sounds.granted, i am using an older version of F Loops at the mo,so am aware that could be half the problem.Is it hard to import them into cakewalk, havent installed this yet,but have recorded a lot on it b4, so am at least familiar with the interface etc....
    if i can get the drum prob sorted, then im on my way....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Probably best in Recording & Mixing & Pro Audio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

I'm lost here. Are the wavs loops ( as in a 1 bar loop of a drum track ) or hits ( as in a single snare hit )? What version of FL and Cakewalk are you using? I have both.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

Check out drums on demand, they do drum loops in song sets so it makes creating your drum track a lot less time consuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

MattKid wrote:
    Check out drums on demand, they do drum loops in song sets so it makes creating your drum track a lot less time consuming.

DOD are amazing, love their stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

ok cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement