Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

At my wits end!! HELP!

• 15-05-2007 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Any advice for me: Bought clothing online couple of months ago. When delivery guy called I was in work, he left msg on my mobile to call him. Did so about 20 mins later, he told me he'd thrown the parcel over the gate at side of house...to my waiting dog! I took a half day, rushed home, too late! She'd eaten the parcel and ripped up most of the contents. Emailed online company i'd purchased from. Was told they'd claim from delivery company and refund me. Heard nothing for weeks. Queried it again, was told to send back everything including original packaging, which I no longer had. Was told without this they couldnt claim or refund me, also delivery company were now saying delivery guy said I told him to throw the parcel(!) Even though he'd signed my name to the delivery and he called to my home the following day to inspect the damage which had been done! Emailed director of consumer affairs, was advised to go to small claims court. Decided to email delivery company directly first to see if they could resolve. Was told by a representative there that they had sent the issue to their claims office and were awaiting a purchase order from online company before they could refund. That was last I heard, emailed them twice and no reply. Lodged claim with small claims court, they charged me €9 and told me I couldnt claim, but no explanation. Am at wits end...advice appreciated...:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Suggestion for you- you probably paid for the goods with a credit card. Normally you automatically are insured on goods you purchase with a credit card. Contact your credit card company and attempt to have the transaction refunded to your card?

Advertisement