Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GOW and Family Night?! Jack Thompson will have a fit!

• 15-05-2007 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭

Just saw this on the Xbox website. Apparently MS consider Gears of War to be family friendly fun! :D

http://www.xbox.com/en-IE/community/calendar/

I could just imagine what someone like Jack Thompson would think if he sees this. :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 manyshadzz

Its frustrating how theres an 18s certificate on that game and you have annoying little kids between 10 and 14 on there.

Also, alot of their dads play with them and if you let out the odd curse they freak at you!

Im like "Seriously, you shouldnt have your kid playing a game like this on live"

Which he shouldnt, its for an adult audience.

Ironically, I suddenly cant post a message on bebo to someone 3 years my junior.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 J`S

gears would be nothing without the gore. I was hosting a match recently and I turned off the blood spatter etc and it's just not satisfying. There's nothing like taking off someones head and still seeing the bllod squirting out. Class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 manyshadzz

Two fav things about GoW violence.

The one shot shotgun kill when they explode into 4 parts.

The headshot with a sniper and you see the skull fly out the back of the head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 J`S

manyshadzz wrote:
    Two fav things about GoW violence.

The one shot shotgun kill when they explode into 4 parts.

The headshot with a sniper and you see the skull fly out the back of the head.

I love downing fellahs and then raping them, and spanking them with the pistol and then getting a blowie off them. It's great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

I hate when people stop telling me curse...Fupp them! I mean one kid said and I quote.

Kiddie: "Stop cursing"
    Me: "Why?"
    Kiddie: "My mom says I'm not suppose to hear cursing so stop"

Needless to say I when on the longest cursing spree of my life. I don't curse too much normaly but hell, I did than.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

I hate when people stop telling me curse...Fupp them! I mean one kid said and I quote.

Kiddie: "Stop cursing"
    Me: "Why?"
    Kiddie: "My mom says I'm not suppose to hear cursing so stop"

Needless to say I when on the longest cursing spree of my life. I don't curse too much normaly but hell, I did than.

Funny how that same mom buys her son an 18's game:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,704 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

There does seem to be a higher percentage of the under-age on this game than would be usual, and tbh it does deserve its certificate. But while I have little problem with them playing the game (leave it up to the parents, I say), I do think that parents should be much more careful in letting their kids on Live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

There does seem to be a higher percentage of the under-age on this game than would be usual, and tbh it does deserve its certificate. But while I have little problem with them playing the game (leave it up to the parents, I say), I do think that parents should be much more careful in letting their kids on Live.

Very true. I mean its basically a way for kids to communicate with adults. Things could get messy if the parents don't watch closely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

J`S wrote:
    I love downing fellahs and then raping them, and spanking them with the pistol and then getting a blowie off them. It's great

I hate you and all people like you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

No-one on for this? Thought there might be a few since your supposed to stay up and play all night? If anyones playing ad me: Alkers

• Advertisement
Advertisement