Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem With router and Laptop

Options
  • 15-05-2007 1:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

I have a problem at the moment with my Computer,I had to send away the main frame to get it fixed and now i am using dial up on my laptop.When i plug in the yellow wire coming from the router into my laptop.It just says the LAN is connected,Then nothing happens,(Noting on IE etc.)The router DSL Light starts blinking and The internet Light Stays off(It only comes on when i turn on my main computer which is gone at the moment).

Can anybody please tell me how i can avoid this or did i miss something.

Thanks in advanced.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Sounds more like a network problem than a laptop problem.

Moved to networking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

If you're using dial-up why are you connecting a network cable to your LAN port on the laptop? Also, if you've got a LAN port, why are you trying to use dial-up? Is it a modem or modem/router you've got?

Give me some more info.

Advertisement