Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobo Opinion please - Abit Fatal1ty FP-IN9

Options
  • 15-05-2007 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

Folks,

I'm about to get a new rig and having looked at a number of options the mobo being put up for consideration is the following:-

Abit Fatal1ty FP-IN9

My requirements are Intel/Core2Duo/NVidia 8800 GTS/Raid compatibility and from what I can see this board does it all, and I haven't seen many issues reported.

About the only thing this doesn't have is firewire, but I can always get a seperate card for that. Does anyone have any opinions on this board? Is it worth getting?

c0y0te

btw... the spec for the rig I'm considering is as follows:-

Abit Fatal1ty FP-IN9 Motherboard
    Intel Core2Duo 6600 CPU (2.4ghz)
    NVIDIA 8800 GTS 320MB
    2gb DDR2 800 RAM
    Seasonic 600W Quiet PSU
    2x320GB Seagate 16MB Cache SATAII (Raid 1 config)
    Creative X-Fi Xtreme Audio

And all the other usual guff...

Is this board a good choice given the above?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Its actually a great little boards this. Meant to be the best 650i board out there at the moment, And its great it has 2 ide chanels too. so you cna use old ide hd's for backup's or storage.

Shame it has that tossers name all over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

Anti wrote:
    Shame it has that tossers name all over it.

lol:D i've heard only good things about it and given the great price tag and its apparent overclocking potential i'd say go for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

Thanks folks. I'll give it a shot. I suppose I should post the spec in a seperate thread too and see if anyone has suggestions before I purchase!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I'm planning on getting the same board myself... been getting great reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

would that mb take PC3200 ram? I recently bought 2 gig of ocz ram and it would be a shame to waste it. I'm thinking of getting a similar system.

BTW, I've only seen the MB on komplett; didn't see it on dabs.ie

100euro difference between overclockers.co.uk and komplett (komplett more expensive) - not including shipping.

intel 6600
    nvidia 8800
    atal1ty FP-IN9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

Sniipe wrote:
    would that mb take PC3200 ram?

No. Only takes DDR2

Advertisement