Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fowler make bench for Champions League Final?

• 15-05-2007 2:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭

Just wondering who thinks Fowler will make the bench for the champions League Final? Personally I hope to god he does, I really believe he can do something for us.

bench will probably be dudek,hyppia,gonzalez,crouch/bellamy, then Kewell may make it,sissoko hopefully fowler.

Its hard know when we dont know the formation or starting 11, but what do the rest of ye think. I still think we should of hung onto him. He should of been used more than he was this season aswell...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

i was just thinking about this today i really hope he does make the bench and what about an extra time winner for him. if carlsberg made farewells.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Fair play to him !

Something like this perhaps? Would look nice in the garden :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

I think he will be, if only to take a pen. Rafa thinks he is the best in the club at em.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

well why wouldnt he?

you can name 7 subs cant ye?

a keeper
    a full back
    a centre back
    a central midfielder
    winger/attacking midfielder
    striker
    striker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

I wouldn't bother with him. He doesn't seem to even have his ability to finish anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Unless he has an affair with Rafa's wife between now & the final, he should be there on the bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

The match squad is pretty big, so I'd assume he will make it, not that he has does anything this season to warrant it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Well in a Champions League final that is always liable to go to penalties, and seven subs, you're always going to pick a goodly amount of strikers. Unless Rafa goes 4-5-1 (which I reckon he might) from the start, he'll probably make it. Wouldn't fancy bringing him on though, unless it's to take a penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

fowler wasnt given a chance this season at all. Fowler always said he needed a few games in a row to get into a scoring streak...anyways.

a keeper-dudek
    a full back-arbeloa
    a centre back-hyppia
    a central midfielder-sissoko
    winger/attacking midfielder-here could be gonzalez or kewell
    striker-bellamy
    striker-fowler

all depending really on if he includes gonzalez and kewell and if he plays with only one striker could be kuyt/bellamy/crouch.

If we do win it I hope Fowler goes with Gerrard to lift it. Would be a great send off to a lengend like him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

Yeah, I think he has a chance as there are 7 on the bench but I dont think Rafa would put him on unless forced to through injuries. He's a good head to have on the bench to keep the other players with their feet on the ground, although for Robbie, this would be his highest moment in football so he may be more emotional than the others with less epxerience, etc, such as Gonzalez, Pennant or whoever else.

Redspider

• Advertisement
Advertisement