Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Phone Advice!

• 15-05-2007 2:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭

Hey just wondering could you tech experts give me a little phone advice. Sorry for the random format of the post!

Im currently with Meteor(payg) and have been for a few years and I have a Nokia 6131. I like the free texts but I dont mind paying for texts.

I really want to get a good phone (not that im not happy with my current), when I say good I mean a Nokia N73 or something. The only thing is that theres no point with Meteor because I cant use the phone to it full potential i.e 3G services, email, internet etc.

So I dont know about moving networks, 3 looks like they have some good deals
    -3PAY 5c texts i think which is better than 02 or Vodafone.

So basically would it be easy to port over to 3?
    Anyone have any experience with 3 and their service?
    Is the new broadband thing good cos I wouldnt mind that?
    What is their 3G stuff like?

Any any other opinions/options you can think of!!

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭ablelocks

storka wrote:
    Hey just wondering could you tech experts give me a little phone advice. Sorry for the random format of the post!

Im currently with Meteor(payg) and have been for a few years and I have a Nokia 6131. I like the free texts but I dont mind paying for texts.

I really want to get a good phone (not that im not happy with my current), when I say good I mean a Nokia N73 or something. The only thing is that theres no point with Meteor because I cant use the phone to it full potential i.e 3G services, email, internet etc.

So I dont know about moving networks, 3 looks like they have some good deals
    -3PAY 5c texts i think which is better than 02 or Vodafone.

So basically would it be easy to port over to 3?
    Anyone have any experience with 3 and their service?
    Is the new broadband thing good cos I wouldnt mind that?
    What is their 3G stuff like?

Any any other opinions/options you can think of!!

Thanks in advance.

storka, I was thinking along the same lines as you (I'm with meteor payg too) but from what I've read here, while in principle switching to 3 sounds good, the reality seems to be that at the moment 3 is not offering a good service.

check some of the recent threads and you'll see what I mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Well, it seems that the main gripe with 3Pay is that the so called "Mobile Broadband" add on does not work as advertised, and any web pages are are reformatted through a proxy server and garbled in many cases. Opera Mini also does not seem to work with it. If you do not care about using applications like Gmail or others on your phone, that won't bother you.

Basically: if all you want to do is watch the occasional RTE news update, send texts and use basic 3G services like video calls and 3G content on their portal, it's a great service. If you want to do anything more advanced than that, for example you would like to install the Gmail application or use any other Symbian apps, you can forget it. It won't work as expected.

Advertisement