Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rainbow Six:Vegas - Unfortunate Series of Events

• 15-05-2007 2:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Need help from any Rainbow Six gamer out there!!! Badly

Ok here's the scenario:

The bit where your in Dantes Theatre, and i reached the checkpoint where the team have to hack into the computer on the stage. Then the badies come from all angles popping shells.

But just before the checkpoint, i change my machine gun for a shotgun (not knowing what was ahead obviously) and then the game autosaved. So now i have a sniper rifle with 7 bullets and a shotgun. And all other weapons that were lying around are gone as soon as i died and restart the checkpoint. Ive been playing this checkpoint for a full weak. The badies keep blowing up the checkpoint or killing me, cause a shotgun is useless and my sniper bullets go in seconds.

Totally love this game, and its killing me not being able to finish it.

Any thoughts on what i could do?? (have one grenade, thats it)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭j14

As far as I can remember there is a machine gun emplacement on the right side of the stage. I just used that to pick most of them off. Other than that I went up on the scaffolding and used the Sniper to take out as many as possible.
    I also used smoke grenades to screen the front of the stage.

Hope some of this is helpful. All I really remember is that section was poxy as I had a shotgun & sniper too.
    J.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭j14

As far as I can remember there is a machine gun emplacement on the right side of the stage. I just used that to pick most of them off. Other than that I went up on the scaffolding and used the Sniper to take out as many as possible.
    I also used smoke grenades to screen the front of the stage.

Hope some of this is helpful. All I really remember is that section was poxy as I had a shotgun & sniper too.
    J.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I remember this bit and its quite tricky. The catch here is that you need to move to the right of the computer and take cover. This section is basically like whack-a-mole, where the enemies will pop up on random balconys and you'll need to pop them. The sniper rifle will do the trick if you wait for the perfect shot. A group of enemies come in from the back eventually, so throw the grenade into their group to kill them.

Other than that I'm not sure what else you can do.

I remember this bit and its quite tricky. The catch here is that you need to move to the right of the computer and take cover. This section is basically like whack-a-mole, where the enemies will pop up on random balconys and you'll need to pop them. The sniper rifle will do the trick if you wait for the perfect shot. A group of enemies come in from the back eventually, so throw the grenade into their group to kill them.

Other than that I'm not sure what else you can do.

Go back as soon as you reload the checkpoint and get the machine gun (you should still be able to leave the stage as the enemies will not arrive until you begin the hack). Take cover to the right of the computer and blow the terrorists away while popping out. Play it safe here because its easy to get killed. And look forward to the next round, its the last and one of the best final stages I've played in a long time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

As far as i remember if your talking about the stage bit were your team mate is hacking the computer and all the baddies rush you then you can just go back around stage and open up the weapons box. I might have got this wrong but you can usually go back through a level and find one. If not reload the chapter from the beginning
    Hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭johnnyflav

It's been a few months since I've played this section but I think I was able to head back out the way I came and open a storage/refill container and change the weapons I had. If I remember correctly you have plenty of time to do this before the baddies get in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

Yeah there a weapons create in what looks like a dressing room at the back of the stage. When you do clear the theatre and head up the ladder just*not gonna spoil things* keep your guard up.;)

Advertisement