Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NLB TS server without AD?

• 15-05-2007 4:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know if it's possible to configure the TS Session Directory service without using AD?

I have 3 servers:

1) Server A - Win2k3 enterprise VM with TS Session Directory Service enabled. Member of Workgroup X.
    2) Server B - Win2k3 enterprise machine in Workgroup X.
    3) Server C - will be a clone of server B.

I've enabled the session directory service on Server A, which creates a "Session Directory Computers" local group on Server A. I need to somehow add Server B into this group.

I've tried changing the Object Type to show Computers but there's no option for it. I can't change the Location from "Server A" to "Workgroup X" as it's greyed out.

Has anyone tried this before / know if it's possible to do? Using active directory isn't an option :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

afaik yes you can, but have you created your cluster first?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

Hadn't created the cluster, no, I was going to get it working with one machine and then create the cluster.

Left the second machine ghosting last night, so I'll update later.

the cluster is a requirement for this setup so you'll need that running first.

Cluster's up. Still no change on the session directory machine, the "Location" field for adding users is greyed out inside the add to Group dialog box, so I can't select the workgroup they belong in.

try this link, it's what I used when I was setting it up for a customer. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/techinfo/overview/sessiondirectory.mspx

(we did have AD running but I was told it wasnt needed)

• Advertisement

Session Directory isn't "active directory aware". However, I don't know how to add the Computer accounts of remote machines to a group on a local machine without AD being there.

Every time I try and add the Computer accounts it will not let me select the Workgroup as the location to look for objects in. Instead, it defaults to users and builtins on the local machine.

I saw that document days ago, and it totally bypasses the problem that I'm having by showing an AD-ised "add object to group" screen, or at least an "add object to group" screen which allows you to select "Computers" as a valid object. :(

give me a day or so to build some vm machines and I'll check it out.

oO, cheers, thanks for the help Brian :)

Advertisement