Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Database Errors???

Options
  • 15-05-2007 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,997 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, got a database error thing around 3.15 or so, i was on the Cork City forum & the Radio forum. I wasn't able to get back onto boards again until now... Did i break something?:confused: Or is this a semi-regular thing? I've gotten the odd database error before, but they normally go away when i hit refresh...

Just letting ye guys know...
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,350 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I also experienced the same problem. Maybe I am addicted? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Seems to have been fairly total - even got a comment on AAM - http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=3766&goto=newpost

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Database was taken offline while a repair was run to bring the photography forum back to life.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,997 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

It was a tough old hour, actually had to do some work... :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I knew the blame lay with the Photography forum! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Rock Climber

Seems to have been fairly total - even got a comment on AAM - http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=3766&goto=newpost
    I wouldnt have posted that If I was you as to the untrained eye it might look like you were trying to post a link to someone gloating.
    That could be interpreted as you gloating.
    That would be a silly thing to be at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

?? Don't get your point Rock Climber, I simply cross posted a related thread - no harm intended. The admins and 365 have a very positive relationship.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I wouldnt have posted that If I was you as to the untrained eye it might look like you were trying to post a link to someone gloating.
    That could be interpreted as you gloating.
    That would be a silly thing to be at.

Um, I really can't see how you interpreted it that way. I think people are making far too big a deal over all this.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

?? Don't get your point Rock Climber, I simply cross posted a related thread - no harm intended. The admins and 365 have a very positive relationship.

I agree with Climber - it does make out as if it was a dig at Boards for moving from H365 to Digiweb.

Im sure everything between you and staff is honky dorry but I cant help get the feeling from that post (if it was you) that your annoyed at them moving...

Anyway, thats just my two cents. Back on topic at hand..

I got those errors to, and the "Boards is down.. go to.." customer board offline error message the last few nights - another thread on that tho.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

nesf wrote:
    Um, I really can't see how you interpreted it that way. I think people are making far too big a deal over all this.

Ah I can see it, in fairness even if it wasnt intended it does appear as if that poster was making a comment regarding the hosting move, as if it was pointless.
    Down again today... New host doesn't seem to have made any difference

Got that feeling to when I read the post. Might not have been attended, but thats how I see it :p

• Advertisement

Sully wrote:
    Ah I can see it, in fairness even if it wasnt intended it does appear as if that poster was making a comment regarding the hosting move, as if it was pointless.

I meant as interpreting the quote as an attack of some kind but whatever. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Aaaargh!

People don't get the difference between the webhost being down and boards' server/database being down :mad:

I'm almost tempted to register on AAM just to tell that guy that this would have happened no matter where boards is hosted.

Stephen wrote:
    Aaaargh!

People don't get the difference between the webhost being down and boards' server/database being down :mad:

I'm almost tempted to register on AAM just to tell that guy that this would have happened no matter where boards is hosted.

But the internet is a series of tubes dear man.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

nesf wrote:
    But the internet is a series of tubes dear man.
    I just the other day got, an internet was sent by my staff at 10 o'clock in the morning on Friday and I just got it yesterday. Why?

Because it got tangled up with all these things going on the internet commercially...

They want to deliver vast amounts of information over the internet. And again, the internet is not something you just dump something on. It's not a truck.

It's a series of tubes.

And if you don't understand those tubes can be filled and if they are filled, when you put your message in, it gets in line and its going to be delayed by anyone that puts into that tube enormous amounts of material, enormous amounts of material.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

seriesoftubes.gif

Advertisement