Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Searching for comedians name

• 15-05-2007 4:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭

This may be a long shot but can anyone remember the name of the comedian who supported Tommy Tiernan as part of the "Loose Tour" during his appearance in the forum.

I've been trying to find his name with ages without much success and its driving me mad. The only thing I have to go on is that a friend of mine thinks he's from Mayo if that helps ?

I'd love to see some more of this guys stuff, I think he managed to outshine all of Tiernans show in his 10 mins on stage. That said i'm not a big Tiernan fan so I may be biased.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, its been driving me mad with ages now. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭kitty_kilkenny

Gerry Mallon maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

It could be, ill look him up when I get home from work, thanks :)

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

GERRY MALLON

Founder and resident host of the celebrated Comedy Club at Bar Cuba in Galway (“the number one comedy club in the country” - Irish Times), Gerry Mallon is something of a Godfather of the Irish Comedy scene.

This affable West-of-Ireland hoodlum has performed at all the major Comedy/Arts festivals including the prestigious Kilkenny Cat Laughs, and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival.

Probably best known in Ireland for his many collaborations with his best mate and fellow westie Tommy Tiernan, which includes support on Tommy’s recent 52 date tour of the country and the RTE series Supertramp which saw the pair embark on a six week walking tour of Ireland in the summer of 2002.

Other TV credits include performing and co writing “The BBC Stand Up Show” with host Tommy Tiernan; “The Lounge” (RTE) and “The Empire Laughs Back” (BBC Northern Ireland).

Mallons style of Comedy lies somewhere between rabid street anger and cuddly warm self effacement, one recent caller to the Joe Duffy show (Radio1) described him as the "most foul mouthed comic he had ever seen" whilst the Irish Times said he is "deserving of his own TV show"?

Whatever you do, go see him and decide for yourself.

For more information contact Carolyn Lee (Flee) at the Lisa Richards Agency
    Tel: +353 1 660 3534 ~ Email: flee@lisarichards.ie

Or visit our website: www.irish-comedy.com

link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Thanks lads, I've been trying to remember that guy's name with the best part of 6 month :o

Advertisement