Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice place to eat in Tallaght

Options
  • 15-05-2007 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭

Hey, I have arranged to bring a client based in Tallaght to lunch next week. Any suggestions for a nice relatively upmarket restaurant in the Tallaght vicinty? Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I think there is a new hotel beside the police station that looks OK. Maybe there is a restaurant there. There is nothing in Tallaght village except a Chinese AFAIK.

Perhaps try Citywest hotel or Brownsbarn , only about 15 mins drive from The Square.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭stipey

Lemongrass in CityWest or is that too far out

(I mean far out in the distance way - not in the hippy way!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Thanks guys. Don't mind it not being that central if it's nice. Lemongrass looks nice but some people don't like Asian food (not me!). What about this Brown's Barn place? Is that nice? Don't just want pub grub, want a restaurant! Thanks a mill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Plaze hotel.......I think it does food anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

Miss Fluff wrote:
    Thanks guys. Don't mind it not being that central if it's nice. Lemongrass looks nice but some people don't like Asian food (not me!). What about this Brown's Barn place? Is that nice? Don't just want pub grub, want a restaurant! Thanks a mill

Heading there on saturday night it looks nice.

What about Cactus jacks? its down at the square and always has a good crowd in it in the evenings though not sure about lunch times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭stipey

Brown's Barn have a restaurant upstairs and it is very nice... we're talking proper cloth napkins with napkin rings (oooh!) but it might be a bit pricey.

You will probably want to steer clear of the bar food section downstairs if you want to make a good impression. Used to be nice bar grub (probably still is) - but they've re-styled it as some sort of tacky, American, sports cafe complete with stripey table cloths and tacky neon Budweiser signs.

I can't reccommend the Lemongrass enough if you like thai food yourself. It should offer enough "mild" dishes for your client if hot and spicey is a problem.

There is a small italian in Tallaght village at the back of Smiths toystores (the name of which escapes me now). There is also a Cactus Jacks by the square (Mexican food - if the one in the Italian quarter of the city is anything to go by then it will be good) and finally there is a very nice Chineese place over the bar in the Abberly Court hotel.

Keeping with the far out theme... you could try the Poitin Stil in Rathcoole or Citywest Hotel itself - should have a decent lunch menu. Don't hesitate to drop me a PM if you have any more specific questions.

stipey wrote:
    Brown's Barn have a restaurant upstairs and it is very nice... we're talking proper cloth napkins with napkin rings (oooh!) but it might be a bit pricey..

It sounds perfect actually, website looks good, http://www.brownsbarn.ie/restaurant.html thanks a mill :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

any chance you can give us a review when you get back?

its a nice looking place and wouldnt mind taking the girl there. be nice to know if its any good or not :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

stipey wrote:

There is a small italian in Tallaght village at the back of Smiths toystores (the name of which escapes me now).

San Giovanni's. I've been there a few times - nice place and nice food too.

any chance you can give us a review when you get back?

its a nice looking place and wouldnt mind taking the girl there. be nice to know if its any good or not :D

Thanks for recommendations guys! Food was great, really reasonable insofar as only €18 for a two-course lunch and the service was excellent. A *little* on the noisy side as they had blaring music from downstairs but otherwise really good.

• Advertisement
Advertisement