Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Libocop thread...

Options
  • 15-05-2007 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭

Well if Pat Patterson has a thread on every desk, wall and toilet door in UCD then the Libocops deserve their own boards.ie thread!

Today marks the middle of my second annual vacation to the James Joyce Library, and I have to say these guys are just comic...

There's a guy waltzing around Level 2 today wearing aviator sunglasses, has anybody taken a look outside today?
    He's wearing shades... indoors... on a cold cloudy day...
    They must love their jobs.

I'm not sure if there's ever been a Libocop thread before, but has anybody here ever had any noteworthy run-ins or experiences with Libocop (and by experiences I'm clearly leaving responses open to the possibility that there are students who may have engaged in a tongue wrestle with Libocop to get off a mobile phone fine or the like!!! :D )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

other than seeing him lurking arouns the only encounter i've had with the chap is when sitting at a computer and texting on my phone..."are you using the phone or the computer?" "no,dont just out it down,i want it OFF" Now there was actually a cue for the computers that i hadnt noticed (whoops) and he just walked away after that so i gotta love him!:) does anyone actually get fined??
    yesterday he was hanging around the toilets beside the laptop section on second floor watching everyone that walked up and down the stairs LIKE A HAWK with a very wierd looking grin on his face...twas kinda creepy :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 MrDelmonte

Whus happenin, I'm relatively new to boards and don't usually post but I had to get in on this thread. To me there is only one Librocop- that's the bald guy. I can't help but laugh every time he struts by, what with his too cool for this f***in school look complete with gum chewing and a marlon brandoesque frown. He is like a comic parody of a failed police man turned security guard who takes his job of enforcing the library law way too damn seriously.
    I suppose what I find most funny is the way he tells people off. The other day he was standing outside the water fountain there on level 2 and a first year tried to sneak into the jacks with his mobile phone by his ear. Librocop, without ever turning his head to look at the guy, summons him over with a c'mere finger and says with calm authority "this is a warning son, I don't want to see that again" and dismisses him. Classic! It's like he's gifted with a sixth sense!
    I don't know about you guys but I'd love if for a charity piss take we got all the Librocops to put on those foam padded muscly superhero costumes to walk around the library for one day. That, in my mind, would be hilarious. Never happen tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭burnedfaceman

MrDelmonte wrote:
    Librocop, without ever turning his head to look at the guy, summons him over with a c'mere finger and says with calm authority "this is a warning son, I don't want to see that again" and dismisses him. Classic! It's like he's gifted with a sixth sense!

Librocop is a complete legend, he even uses the word son what a hero, i have to admire his badass attitude to monitoring the library.

I seen graffati about him when i was a fresher thought was pretty funny

" librocop likes his beer cold, his steak rare and his library quiet :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Whats brilliant is that he thinks his authority goes beyond the library. I serve him in the shop and you should hear him ask for 20 Rothmans, I'd be afraid to **** his order up. What's more is he always has the correct change and he doesnt even wait for you to count it. That's schmad

What I'd like to know is where he got his training and what turned him into the steely eyed authoritarian he is now?

he smokes rothmans thats pretty damn tough if you ask me, i too would like to know more about the man behind those aviator sunglasses.

CTN should do something meaningful and make a documentary about librocop can you imagine it, would be pure class!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Best memories of bald libocop: getting my then boyfriend banned from the library for the day because he was on the phone to me.

3rd Floor of the library last year; libocop walks past this girl who's quite obviously lost something in her bag and has thrown most of her stuff up on the desk trying to find it. Her mobile is quite plainly in full view of all and still on. He's saunters along. Spots the phone and stops. Without even looking at the girl or the desk he catches the phone, shoves it under the paper and swiftly moves on. Classic!

Oh and being given out to by moustache libocop because there was no chair next to me, like that was my fault.

Oh and black cops refusal to let me out of the library when I'd lost my library card unless I swore that I was not going to try coming back that evening, even then it was pushing it until I nearly started crying at him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

CTN should do something meaningful and make a documentary about librocop can you imagine it, would be pure class!!

It really would be... "On the mean streets of Belfield..."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Hehe... I know Librocop... and his full-name... and his long-term girlfriend!...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

The eternal question... librocop or libocop?

Librocop all the way.

Actually can one of the mods stick a poll up there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Hehe... I know Librocop... and his full-name... and his long-term girlfriend!...
    SS people already know you know me for chris' sake no need to mention it again:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

Librocop is awesome. He used to have a rep with the ladies when I first came to UCD, but that seems to have passed as his rep with the new batch of people.

whats his first name? actually i dont think i want to know the answer to that would prob be disappointed if it turned out to be something like tom or paddy!!
    librocop best remain nameless and he shall always be librocop in our hearts:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Anyone got a photo?

How amazing would it be to have Librocop as your desktop, he walks by....and sees himself on a computer screen!

I'm convinced he's a former Army Ranger with a gammy leg (notice the limp) who now patrols the mean streets of the li-berry

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Is it just me or do his shoulders seem to be operating in a different time zone to the rest of his body?

Well his body is definitely operating in a different climate zone [ie. desert hot]

¬_¬

I need to get out more..

TheVan wrote:
    Anyone got a photo?

How amazing would it be to have Librocop as your desktop, he walks by....and sees himself on a computer screen!/QUOTE]

how funny would it be to do this can you imagine the look he would give you!!:D :D:D

20512662a896818792b568050545l.jpg

Kittenkiller iirc took this pic last year:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

CTN will be doing a "thing" on him next year.

He's actually sound enough, I had to use the lift for a while last year when I was on crutches and I bumped into him in it once or twice. He asked me later on when I was off the crutches how my leg was etc. Decent enough bloke, I think he's reasonable.

The other guy though, the older guy with glasses and a stoop is just a pain in the arse. Theres a grey haired dude who falls somewhere in between. The guy at the weekend (the black dude) is sound enough, seems to have a good sense of humour.

mloc wrote:
    CTN will be doing a "thing" on him next year.

legend should be good if they get a normal person to present the show:rolleyes:

classic pic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I've had a couple of run ins with Librocop (the real proper swaggering one!) mainly to do with mobile telephone usage offences but in fairness he's been sound enough yet while still installing some much needed strict discipline into you. He's stern but fair. A hero for all.

Does anyone else see him flirting all the time with the ladies in the SU shop? Something going on there for sure. They must be giving him some discounts in exchange for something from him ;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

He was grand when I was on crtches too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

I always walk out the fire exit that he stands smoking at the majority of the day on my way to the car park. He usually nods and occasionally says hello. Highlight of my day I tells ya. :D

The man is a hero. The library falls apart without him!

Is his name Pat?

Scraggs wrote:
    SS people already know you know me for chris' sake no need to mention it again:p
    *chuckle* You would say that, you were always the most crestfallen whenever I happened to mention his long-term romance... :p
    Is his name Pat?
    Nope, nor is his surname Patterson. But good guess anyway. :rolleyes:

Nope, nor is his surname Patterson. But good guess anyway. :rolleyes:

I actually had a legit reason for asking if his name was Pat (nothing to do with Mr. Paterson!)

two rolley eyes for SS - :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Spectator#1

Oh and black cops refusal to let me out of the library when I'd lost my library card unless I swore that I was not going to try coming back that evening, even then it was pushing it until I nearly started crying at him.

You're lucky you got out. There's a few students in limbo in the library now because they lost their cards. Some have been in here since the new swipe system started. Librocop and a few followers have taken to feeding them, they had a diffident relationship at first, but rumour has it the 'lost ones' (as they're called) saved a female member of staff from the jaguar dragon on the third floor and slayed it, so now they have been granted squatting rights in the 700-800 section. They've a nice little hovel down there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Spectator#1

Shelter-beds-CR.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

OH i'm so thankful that the 'Lost' gods showed mercy on my poor pitiful soul.

Amen libocop, I love you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

Is his name Pat?

No, but her name is! :D

Advertisement