Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2007 version of Anti-FF Placard

Options
  • 15-05-2007 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭

Bloke decided to see if he could see how much FF cost him.

http://www.17billion.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Brilliant effort. How can people ignore all the damage those donkeys did after riding the crest of the wave that was our once great economy. All that money wasted, our own citizens dying on hospital trollies, Bertie Ahern's own constituent's children having to cross the road between classes and play in a carpark. That man is evil. no joke

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

That metro thing is shocking. Just don't get why they didn't do it.

Things like the evoting - just ridiculous, but things like the luas cost increase - is that really their fault?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Bravo.

I knew it was bad, but not that bad...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Some site hi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Punchbowl

That Punchestown Conference centre makes me laugh.. But not overly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

but things like the luas cost increase - is that really their fault?

Well if I remember correctly Seamus Brennen said the plans were done out on a beermat or something so yeah of course it was their fault.

What annoys me more is peoples acceptance that projects are going to mushroom into multiples of there original estimates. The whole management of the LUAS construction project always appeared extremely fragmented and even unprofessional in cases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Wow!!!! In a bad way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭AidoCQS

Wow, Enda would do well to just play that instead of his opening speech tonite, good job

So he's a member of Fine Gael but his site is 'independant to (sic) Fine Gael'.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

...so for balance...

Lower taxes
    Put 4,000 extra teachers in place
    Hire 2,000 extra Gardaí
    Open Local Injury Clinics around the country
    Increase the State Pension to 3300 per week
    Invest for the future by rolling out the National Development Plan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

PH01 wrote:
    ...so for balance...

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

So Conor is that all you can come up with.
    Attack the post not the poster :D

I am not allowed discuss …

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

micmclo wrote:
    :eek:
    I should really look before I copy&Paste :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭28064212

:rolleyes:
    Yes, and? People are allowed hold opinions outside of their political affiliation. The Patricia McKenna/immunisation issue showed that pretty clearly. Are Fianna Fáil endorsing your opinions on this board because you support them? What he said means Fine Gael haven't endorsed the site in any way. He stated that he's only ever been to one meeting, not exactly Enda Kenny now, is he?

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

PH01 wrote:
    ...so for balance...

Lower taxes
    Put 4,000 extra teachers in place
    Hire 2,000 extra Gardaí
    Open Local Injury Clinics around the country
    Invest for the future by rolling out the National Development Plan

Lower taxes? How does that help? This country has major infrastructural issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Maybe if the Goverment had less money to play with they may actually bring something in on budget..

Any body see the Irony in hiring 2000 more gardai then in the next breath opening local injury Clinics.... :-)

But on a serious note we keep calling for more Gardai what we actually need is when they catch someone they are deterred from doing it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭RalphCifaretto

galactus wrote:
    Lower taxes? How does that help? This country has major infrastructural issues.

Ssshhhhh, no talk of raising taxes! That's anti-business, anti-growth, filthy bolchevik talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

Yeah, I mean who wants to live in Berlin, with its parks, metros, high-quality housing and boulevards, when you can live in a dump like Boston?

Yeah, I mean who wants to live in Berlin, with its parks, metros, high-quality housing and boulevards, when you can live in a dump like Boston?

You know sometimes its better just to have a coffe in a coffee house ...man

:confused:

I was being sarcastic and referring to Harney's Boston/Berlin thing.

• Advertisement

I was surprised to read that Bertie makes 252k euro a year. The Dutch prime minister, in a country of nearly four times the population, gets 113k euro a year, before tax.

Of course Holland has a monarchy as well which costs an absolute fortune to run and does feck all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Of course Holland has a monarchy as well which costs an absolute fortune to run and does feck all.
    Whereas Ireland just has a civil service for that

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

28064212 wrote:
    Beat me to it.

Maybe we should elect some of the senior civil servants. Mind you, would we be able to hold them to account.

sorry couldnt help it

28064212 wrote:
    Yes, and? People are allowed hold opinions outside of their political affiliation.

Oh he's allowed to have an opinion alright. I never suggested otherwise.

The web is a charter for everyone with a chip on their shoulder. I'm surprised some believe that stuff has merit. I don't think I'd go to 'ratemyteacher' to judge the education system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Oh he's allowed to have an opinion alright. I never suggested otherwise.

The web is a charter for everyone with a chip on their shoulder. I'm surprised some believe that stuff has merit. I don't think I'd go to 'ratemyteacher' to judge the education system.

grand if none of its true can we please have figures from FF giving original estimates v what projects actually cost?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

28064212 wrote:

unfortunately funny coz its true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Dublin1600

Excellent site, I'm sure the webmaster researched fully before uploading that website, plus you don't hear FF'ers arguing the facts/figures.

Its stuff like this that makes me look forward to Opposition. That time when you need not contribute one whit, or praise achievements, but simply snipe and point out the obvious, that overruns and errors happen. Just like they happen in every other country.

I guess I'll have to get my calculator out and start scanning the papers after this election and we'll see how much that FG fan writes about overruns on his own party's watch. I have a slight suspicion they may happen. I won't be bothered setting up a website about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭McSandwich

Its stuff like this that makes me look forward to Opposition. That time when you need not contribute one whit, or praise achievements, but simply snipe and point out the obvious, that overruns and errors happen.

There will always be overruns, but with proper planning, efficient management, and the ability to negotiate a contract the effects can be minimised. The N7 upgrade was on time for the Ryder Cup so they can do it when they want to.
    Just like they happen in every other country.

No excuse, they don't have fair elections in some countries, should we follow that example too?
    I guess I'll have to get my calculator out and start scanning the papers after this election and we'll see how much that FG fan writes about overruns on his own party's watch.

As everyone should (it is our money after all). Hold them to their contract ;)

Advertisement