Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2007 version of Anti-FF Placard

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Its stuff like this that makes me look forward to Opposition. That time when you need not contribute one whit, or praise achievements, but simply snipe and point out the obvious, that overruns and errors happen.
    Yes overruns and errors happen, but the site's point is that there is a consistent history of it by this government. In other countries, overruns have to be explained, they're dissected, they're not just accepted as an inevitability. Here, people hear about the cost and timescale of Transport 21, and automatically add 5 years and €10 billion to the costs. That's a product of Fianna Fáil's inability to do any kind of proper planning in advance of a project

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

28064212 wrote:
    Yes overruns and errors happen, but the site's point is that there is a consistent history of it by this government. In other countries, overruns have to be explained, they're dissected, they're not just accepted as an inevitability. Here, people hear about the cost and timescale of Transport 21, and automatically add 5 years and €10 billion to the costs. That's a product of Fianna Fáil's inability to do any kind of proper planning in advance of a project

it really hammered home to me that if I was in charge of one project (never mind several) in my job that flushed millions (not billions) down the pan I'd have no option to resign.

Its not just the waste but a lack of accountability that really annoys me. Mabe things won't get any better if there is a change of government but at least Enda Kenny is trying to bring some form of accountability to the cabinet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

I have a slight suspicion they may happen. I won't be bothered setting up a website about it.

Heres a deal for you Conor If I'm still around boards come next election you send me the figures and I will set it up for you.

The site is all about accountability and dropping the ball. ... FF have done some good things and the site aknowledges them.

But look at the National debt

diagram1.jpg

If you personnally where in debt of 25,000 pounds and someone wasted 17,000 of your money wouldnt you be even a tad pissed

However on the flip side re natonal debt Ireland has the lowest level of unemployment within the European Union, the second lowest national debt and the highest level of investment in infrastructure. Kudos to FF on that...

If Ireland simply drove better deals on Infrastructure you could be debt free now as opposed to it being someones campaign slogan

Advertisement