Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband, any problems recently?

Options
  • 15-05-2007 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭

Hey guys,

what has the service been like with Irish Broadband lately? With BT at the moment, but the 3mb up IBB package looks awful tempting!

What is the overall service and Up time like? Any problems with downloading large files? It says "no cap", but I presume there is some 'fair usage' policy, but I could not find it on the site, the Terms & Conditions page makes references to one, but doesn't provide a link.

Is it worth changing to them?

Cheers,
    Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cherrio

* shameless self bump *

• Registered Users Posts: 36 chaostik

We've had IBB for over 2 years, currently with fixed wireless 2Mbps synchronous and it has been pretty consistently excellent.

However, since last Friday there have been some issues (upto 5% packet loss) which I've found affecting voice and gaming dramatically, but file downloads are still fine as packet loss impacts them less (comfortably hit 300KB/s downloading most recent Slax iso).

I sent detailed info to their support team and they assure me that they're conducting network upgrades atm so their backup routes are maxed out which is why there is packet loss ... conveniently they omitted to mention when those upgrades would be finished :(

HTH

Advertisement