Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noise/Bin Space 2 bed apts Grove

Options
  • 15-05-2007 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hello all,

I am having a terrible time with the noise coming from the duplex above my apt in Grove.. is anyone having a similar problem?? I am so upset at this stage that I am ready to move. We have had our lampshades and pictures fall off walls due to the noise vibrations, its terrifying.

I thought maybe it could be a design fault so contacted Durkin but they just sent a 'the building is up to standard etc' letter back which is no use.

Also regarding the little green spaces outside the apt bedroom windows.. I asked the management company and my solicitor and they confirmed this is common ground but it seems to be used as a back garden at the mo near me.. its pretty upsetting cause i have lights etc set up outside my bedroom window which keep me awake.. is anyone else having a similar problem?? I have already been on to management company and feel any more contact would cause terrible trouble with my neighbours... please help any suggestions?????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭daveco23

Greentrees wrote:
    Hello all,

I am having a terrible time with the noise coming from the duplex above my apt in Grove.. is anyone having a similar problem?? I am so upset at this stage that I am ready to move. We have had our lampshades and pictures fall off walls due to the noise vibrations, its terrifying.

I thought maybe it could be a design fault so contacted Durkin but they just sent a 'the building is up to standard etc' letter back which is no use.

Also regarding the little green spaces outside the apt bedroom windows.. I asked the management company and my solicitor and they confirmed this is common ground but it seems to be used as a back garden at the mo near me.. its pretty upsetting cause i have lights etc set up outside my bedroom window which keep me awake.. is anyone else having a similar problem?? I have already been on to management company and feel any more contact would cause terrible trouble with my neighbours... please help any suggestions?????

are the people above you owners or tenants? If tenants try and get the name of the landlord and write to him. If owners keep on the management company to do something about it, send them a solicitors letter outlining what parts of their lease they are breaking and what you intend to do about it should the nosie not stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Greentrees

Thanks for that advice.. I'm pretty sure they are owners. I think you're right next step will have to solicitors letters if management comp does not help.. :(

All they have to do is keep it down a bit not much to ask!

Advertisement